Duck Hunting Forum banner

Sea Ducks Near Wildwood Area

896 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  crewchief252 
#1 ·
I hunt around the Wildwood area on a fairly regular basis but I never seem to run into any Old Squaws, Buffies, etc.

I have a 14' Broadbill boat and was wondering if this is adequate enough to handle the big water associated with sea duck hunting.

Also can anyone suggest any areas in South Jersey where it might be possible to set up for sea ducks with the rig I have.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
If your looking for divers and or seaducks you need to be closer to inlets and or big water. If you have buffy decoys they will come to them but it seems like you need to have oldsquaw decoys to shoot them (oldsquaws) with any regularity. Pick your day scout around and your boat should be fine. Make sure you rig up your anchor line with a float of some kind so you can get set in the same spot after retrieving your birds. Any questions send me a pm I will try to help.

#4 ·
Hey H.B.! Not being smart but if you get a chance and can purchase a 3 day license for Maryland the Chesapeake Bay is LOADED with Oldsquaw EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! I gunned it last week and honestly everywhere you looked was Oldsquaws!! Good luck to you and let me know how you do. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas.

#7 ·
stevez said:
bughunter1 said:
Make sure you rig up your anchor line with a float of some kind so you can get set in the same spot after retrieving your birds. Any questions send me a pm I will try to help.
Hey Crew that's a really good idea....no?
Yea, i have thought about it, just havent gotten around to doing it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.