Maurice River...

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Maurice River...

Postby Hip » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Went out today and got a late start. Arrived at 7:00 and launched. Went to a spot I wanted to hunt and somebody was close by quacking away so I moved on. Found a good spot and missed a few ducks. I need to practice shooting. I used to be good abut havnt shot a lot for the past 20 years so to the range I go..I just thought you never lose it...I was WRONG!!!!! I should have easily had 4 or 5 but came home with my first Mallard. It was BIG...I thought so and someone else said it is too. Since it was my first Mallard..Im getting it mounted. I stayed till 12. I should have went back in the afternoon

Hip
hunter

Postby hardtime » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:13 am

Grats HIP. pretty bird. :sniper:

How many other boats/trailers aere at the ramp that day?
"....and when you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a ****."

-General Franks
hardtime
hunter

I think...

Postby Hip » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:46 am

hardtime wrote:Grats HIP. pretty bird. :sniper:

How many other boats/trailers aere at the ramp that day?

5 or 6
Hip
hunter

Postby stevez » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:52 am

That is a very pretty bird... :thumbsup:
stevez
hunter

Thanks..

Postby Hip » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Thanks Steve....
Hip
hunter

Postby ed wells » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:54 pm

I hunt down there alot,its my favorite place to hunt. Do you put your boat in at the fowser ramp or somewhere else?I probably will be there on monday hunting with a buddy.There were 4 of us there sat. and we got 13.We have been there the last 3 weekends and averaged about 12 birds each trip.Its been pretty good but last year there were more birds in the area.
ed wells
hunter

Postby hardtime » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 am

HI Ed,
I have heard of only 2 ramps on the Maurice. The Fowser Ave ramp and the dirt ramp at the Mauricetown Bridge. and from what I get is that the Mauricetown Bridge are is a better place for birds but maybe more crowded.
I use the Fowser Ave ramp
"....and when you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a ****."

-General Franks
hardtime
hunter

Postby TommyW » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:31 am

Hey Hardtime I don't know if you have used the Mauricetown bridge ramp or not. You should be real careful if there is a low tide, the dirt is really soft.
TommyW
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting