HAHAHA What an adventure

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

HAHAHA What an adventure

Postby johnboy07 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:48 pm

Well today I tried my hand at divers. What an experience that was. We went into the back waters of Avalon. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I wanted to. I was either leading to much or shooting behind. Man do them ducks fly fast. Atleast my cousin got lucky and shot a buffy and a merganser, but all in all it was a fun day out on the water. Guess I will be doing a little target practice during the off season or back to slow mallards I will go. :rofl:
"You know your team's not in the race when guys are growing beards for the duck hunting season."

— Steve Boros
:beer:
johnboy07
State Moderator

Re: HAHAHA What an adventure

Postby Hip » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:15 am

johnboy07 wrote:Well today I tried my hand at divers. What an experience that was. We went into the back waters of Avalon. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I wanted to. I was either leading to much or shooting behind. Man do them ducks fly fast. Atleast my cousin got lucky and shot a buffy and a merganser, but all in all it was a fun day out on the water. Guess I will be doing a little target practice during the off season or back to slow mallards I will go. :rofl:

Sounds like an awesome day and you definitly sound like you appreciate just being out there. They are fast!!! When you miss a black duck cupped up at 20 yards.....then you will know my pain..hahahaha...
Hip
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:41 am

johnboy07 wrote:Well today I tried my hand at divers. What an experience that was. We went into the back waters of Avalon. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I wanted to. I was either leading to much or shooting behind. Man do them ducks fly fast. Atleast my cousin got lucky and shot a buffy and a merganser, but all in all it was a fun day out on the water. Guess I will be doing a little target practice during the off season or back to slow mallards I will go. :rofl:

Nothing compares to hunting divers, but sometimes even when you hit them, they keep going, Stevez and i were out a few weeks ago, dropped a drake buff, skipped across the water like a stone, shook twice, and got up and flew away, and i'm using a 10g, Going to give it another try tomorrow.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby stevez » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:14 pm

Nothing compares to hunting divers, but sometimes even when you hit them, they keep going, Stevez and i were out a few weeks ago, dropped a drake buff, skipped across the water like a stone, shook twice, and got up and flew away, and i'm using a 10g, Going to give it another try tomorrow.

I wouldnt swear to it but I think that duck flipped Crew the middle feather too
stevez
hunter

Postby TheDuke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:10 am

Yea john it was fun down there. this off season we will definetly have to do some shooting. I shot two birds but how many shells did I go through....
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
TheDuke
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting