Raritan bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan bay

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Took my son to the bay today, tons of brant and broadbills, couldnt get the broadies to decoy though, Kid did manage his first ever old sqauw, a beautiful drake, and i stole a hen buffy, lots of brant in the shallow water too, unfortunately the dig camera took a dump, so no pics.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

kids

Postby turtles3sons » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:45 pm

It is nice to know others who take their children afield with them. How old? I have three boys 10,9,and 5 who love going duck or deer hunting so much that now their 2 year old sister stops us at the door and ask when it is her turn to go. Congrats to your son on his duck.
turtles3sons
hunter

Re: kids

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:27 pm

turtles3sons wrote:It is nice to know others who take their children afield with them. How old? I have three boys 10,9,and 5 who love going duck or deer hunting so much that now their 2 year old sister stops us at the door and ask when it is her turn to go. Congrats to your son on his duck.

Yea, it's always my best hunts when he's along, we have hunted for alot of different things, but he really loves the waterfowling, he will be 14 in feb. Thanks
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:22 pm

crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 am

Nice coffemaker is that a Black & Decker...

Oh, I mean nice Longtail; sorry.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby Modified_Choking » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:03 pm

I missed a good four or five of those buggers today. Still have yet to get one. Please tell your son I said nice shooting.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:17 pm

Modified_Choking wrote:I missed a good four or five of those buggers today. Still have yet to get one. Please tell your son I said nice shooting.

Are you using squaw deeks? i find they will just fly thru the divers deeks, but if i put out 6 or so squaw deeks, they land in alot more
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:19 pm

Funny you should ask...

My brand new Oldsq. dekes arrived yesterday afternoon @ 4PM- about 24 hours too late. I got a doz. Sport Plast's from knutsondecoys.com as suggested by Dallas7415 back in Oct. It took me a few months to scrape up the extra change. Sure could have used them earlier in the day.

And, you are correct they came in for a look and then turned. The misses came in those split seconds that they were in range and about to turn away. Of course a few waves didn't help.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:16 am

I am running 4-5 foamers i did up, but tomorrow, i am borrowing a doz E Allens from my dad, that he runs on 2 longlines of 6 each, when we started using them last year, they came right in and sat down with them, I am getting to the point where i cant even see my kid in the front of the boat from all the decoy bags, right now i have 4 doz broadies, 1 & 1/2 doz buffs, 5 squaws, and a doz brant on the boat, guess i need a bigger boat, i did show my better half a picture of the 25' duckwater, she asked if you mind living in it, unfortunately, i said no , i wouldnt, very cold night, that was. :lol: :lol:
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting