Raritan bay South Amboy

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderator: johnboy07

Raritan bay South Amboy

Postby DeerMan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:58 pm

A friend and I were thinking about hunting the raritan bay in this area, i was just wondering if there are any special rules for hunting this area? We were thinking about just sitting out in the bay in a boat off a beach and see if we could get some brant but just wanted to check to make sure there arent any local firearm laws.
Life is good over the decoys!

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:27 pm

As far as any rules, i would call the SA police, but if you sit out in the bay, you should be fine, but you do need to be aware of the NJ/NY boundry, if you look at mapquest, it shows the imaginary line. I hunt around the keyport/keansburg area, and sometimes ( like this morning) i hunt pretty far out, and have never been questioned, today we were out about 2 miles from shore, pretty much right on the edge of the shipping channel. I have often planned on launching right there in SA, but just havent gotten around to it, let me know how you make out. crew
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting