Last day of duck's for me

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Last day of duck's for me

Postby TommyW » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:24 pm

Went hunting on the Maurice River today Went with my buddy and his son. Lots of ducks(very call shy) flying today. Got a few to commit,my buddy and his boy and myself missed a few. I ended up with a mallard hen. I shot that at about thirty five yards out and folded it. That was all, ahd to leave at noon, my buddy had to go to work. Maybe next year will be better. :biggrin:
WHAT SAID IN THE BLIND STAYS IN THE BLIND
TommyW
hunter

Postby ed wells » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:58 pm

I was also hunting the maurice river today with my brother and a friend.We saw plenty of ducks and ended up with 15.
ed wells
hunter

Postby stevez » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:59 pm

I shot relatively few ducks this year, but I still consider it to be way "better" than not getting out at all.

Today we couldn't do anything right. Ducks landing in decoys when we weren't loaded. Ducks zooming 20 feet away while my goofy brother hesitated and never shot. Ducks circling and ready to commit when the same brother skybusts out of nervousness. Today the score was Steve & Bobble Head Brother ZERO / Ducks 50 or so.

Did have some fun with the geese though. Looks my calling has gotten better this year...lol.

All in all I wish I could relive the duck season all over again. I've learned a lot and wouldn't have missed even my worse hunt.
stevez
hunter

Postby stevez » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:08 pm

ed wells wrote:I was also hunting the maurice river today with my brother and a friend.We saw plenty of ducks and ended up with 15.

Hey Ed...wanna trade brothers?
stevez
hunter

Postby TommyW » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:39 pm

ed wells wrote:I was also hunting the maurice river today with my brother and a friend.We saw plenty of ducks and ended up with 15.
Hey Ed were you hunting up by peeky's or the owls nest. We were down by bertrams. :smile:
TommyW
hunter

Postby TommyW » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:42 pm

stevez wrote:I shot relatively few ducks this year, but I still consider it to be way "better" than not getting out at all.

Today we couldn't do anything right. Ducks landing in decoys when we weren't loaded. Ducks zooming 20 feet away while my goofy brother hesitated and never shot. Ducks circling and ready to commit when the same brother skybusts out of nervousness. Today the score was Steve & Bobble Head Brother ZERO / Ducks 50 or so.

Did have some fun with the geese though. Looks my calling has gotten better this year...lol.

All in all I wish I could relive the duck season all over again. I've learned a lot and wouldn't have missed even my worse hunt.
Hey steve our day was like what you wrote. With the exception I got the only duck in our group.
TommyW
hunter

Postby ed wells » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:21 pm

Yes, we were hunting over by peekys.We have been averaging about 12 to 15 ducks every saturday. It has been taking about 4-5 dozen decoys and a couple of mojo spinners to get the ducks to work.Today we actually let the boat beach in the low tide back in the small creeks and killed most of the ducks with no water in the creek at all.
ed wells
hunter

Postby TommyW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:01 am

We were down by Bertrams. Saw ton's of duck's, we were hunting on the main river. My boat is a little to big to get in those little ditches. I have a 14ft Alumicraft john boat.
TommyW
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting