My first duck season is over...

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

My first duck season is over...

Postby Hip » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:38 am

Well...I was going to head out yesterday but was so tired...that never happened. Anyway..it was an interesting season. I started out with an old bog hunt in the North zone and missed a lot of teal but did bag one at the end of the day. My first hunt from a boat was on the Maurice River. I learned that diver ducks can go under after you shoot them..never to be seen again!! I also learned that Buffle Head taste like Liver!!!!!!! My next few hunts were interesting and I learned that I LOVE calling in ducks. I also learned that without a blind on your boat...you are wasting your time!! SO MANY BIRDS FLAIRING!!!!!! I finally got a blind and was rewarded with ducks coming into my spread and getting my first Mallard...a beautiful drake....I also learned that they are very shy after being shot at for a month! Decoys tangles....birds that are almost impossible to kill....the wrong call...looking up out of the blind...too far a shot....birds sneaking up on me...Jeep stuck in the mud....boat stuck int he mud....it was a learning experience. I was rewarded my first shore hunt with a limit of Brant and the confidence that Black Cloud shells are AWESOME!!!!! Overall I learned a lot this year. I need to do some tweaking for next year but can honestly say...IM HOOKED!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Heres to a great New Year and a I hope next season it rains ducks on everyone!!!

PS: Time to learn about thes geese;)
Hip
hunter

Postby stevez » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:47 am

Sounds a lot like my first year....except I didn't kill as much :smile:

Now you need to get into goose hunting. Bigger targets and just as fun.

Welcome to the club!

Oh and Bufflehead taste worse than liver
stevez
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:01 am

Welcome to the frat HIP, now your hooked, glad you had an interesting season, and thats one thing about duck hunting, it's always interesting, my first season was......well, lets just say it was a while ago, but i still remember like it was yesterday
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jon55nj » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:06 pm

I also learned that without a blind on your boat...you are wasting your time!! SO MANY BIRDS FLAIRING!!!!!!

It is tough even with a decent blind. Glad you had so much fun.
jon55nj
hunter

The Dreaded death dive.....

Postby Dulmem » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Glad you had a good season HIP... Welcome to the most unpredictable sport in the universe. (Duck Hunting) Anyway you'll never get used to the death dive, It's the worst feeling because your just comming down from the excitement of scoring a hit when you realize it went under.
Dulmem
hunter

Postby Modified_Choking » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Colonel Duckman: You did everything to make this ‘duck’ war happen.
:gatgun: You've done enough damage ‘this season’. This mission is over, ‘Hipbo’. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, ‘there will be no more ducks left to kill next season’. Is that what you want? It's over ‘Hipbo’. It's over!

Hipbo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my ‘duck’ war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to ‘take my limit – every day’! But somebody wouldn't let us...! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the ‘ramp’, protesting me, spitting. Calling me ‘duck’ killer and all kinds of vile kr@pp! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what 'it's like to lose a diver'!

Colonel Duckman: It was a bad time for everyone, Hipbo. It's all in the past now.

Hipbo: For you! For me ‘the off-season’ life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing!

Colonel Duckman: You're the last of an elite group, don't end it like this.

Hipbo: Back there I could ‘raise my blind’, I could drive a ‘duck boat’, I was in charge of ‘very expensive decoys’, back here I can't even hold a job ‘plucking ducks'!

The endcap...

Hipbo: Sometimes I wake up and I don't know where ‘my Honey Hole is’. And I don't talk to anybody... Sometimes a day. Sometimes a week. [Crying] Can't put it out of my mind ‘– I am hooked on duck hunting’!
Last edited by Modified_Choking on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Thanks Guys!!

Postby Hip » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:00 am

Thanks everyone...I am thankful for a decent season and getting some confidence and knowledge on being in the field.

MC< ROTFLMAO...thats sick...LOL :rofl:
Hip
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:48 am

Modified_Choking wrote:Colonel Duckman: You did everything to make this ‘duck’ war happen.
:gatgun: You've done enough damage ‘this season’. This mission is over, ‘Hip’. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, ‘there will be no more ducks left to kill next season’. Is that what you want? It's over ‘Hip’. It's over!

Hip: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my ‘duck’ war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to ‘take my limit – every day’! But somebody wouldn't let us...! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the ‘ramp’, protesting me, spitting. Calling me ‘duck’ killer and all kinds of vile kr@pp! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what 'it's like to lose a diver'!

Colonel Duckman: It was a bad time for everyone, Hip. It's all in the past now.

Hip: For you! For me ‘the off-season’ life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing!

Colonel Duckman: You're the last of an elite group, don't end it like this.

Hip: Back there I could ‘raise my blind’, I could drive a ‘duck boat’, I was in charge of ‘very expensive decoys’, back here I can't even hold a job ‘plucking ducks'!

The endcap...

Hip: Sometimes I wake up and I don't know where ‘my Honey Hole is’. And I don't talk to anybody... Sometimes a day. Sometimes a week. [Crying] Can't put it out of my mind ‘– I am hooked on duck hunting’!

Classic MC, i love it
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Made a minor adjustment...maybe more folks will get the ref.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Modified_Choking wrote:Made a minor adjustment...maybe more folks will get the ref.

Than again................maybe not, keep em coming, i get them
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby stevez » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Modified_Choking wrote:Made a minor adjustment...maybe more folks will get the ref.

LOL...well it helped me......doh
stevez
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:11 am

Makes me wanna put the explosive tips on the arrows and go duck hunting :rofl:
Tack in NJ
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting