Raritan Bay - 01/09/08

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan Bay - 01/09/08

Postby Modified_Choking » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:09 pm

Spent the entire day on the bay yesterday. Would love to tell ya'll anything different but it was about the same as we've all been posting...thousands of BB's moving all day to/from the usual places. None really decoying. Oldsquabbles rarely came in, even Buffs rarely came in. Occassionally had pass shot opps but most of the time were just too far or flew by while looking opposite direction.

Sure was a nice day though.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:45 am

I think the birds are getting boat shy now, had the same thing late season last year, and i was out on monday, same thing, what litlle was flying circled wide around the boat like it was on fire, going out sat with the kids, hopefully they will get some shooting in, probably head out of leonardo or the highlands.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby striperhyper » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Id have to second that.Last saterday when we had that deep freeze, i would have mallards fly around the bling and just never commit.Hunted out of my layout field bliens on the low soad grass and had good decoying with the divers.I will be out tomarrow morning and saterday morning
striperhyper
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting