Will it ever end? New revised anti-hunting bill proposed.

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Will it ever end? New revised anti-hunting bill proposed.

Postby stevez » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:17 pm

ANTHONY CHIAPPONE wants to introduce yet ANOTHER bill to reform the fish & game council to meet his agenda. Read over the bill and email / mail and write this self-serving politician. I guess this battle will go on forever.....or until we stop fighting

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills ... 202_I1.HTM
Last edited by stevez on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevez
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Obviously these Northern Jersey politicians have a VERY short memory or just don't give a damn. Seems to me that if this guy is opening himself up for a recall if the area sportsmen get it together.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby Modified_Choking » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:47 am

Pushing legislation like this at the State level via the Department of Fish and Wildlife is a threat to the hunting and fishing community - plain and simple. While I'm sure the humane society and the like are very nice pople and do a great job at what they love...I don't want them on the Fish and Game Council.

In the event that their main agenda is truly to minimize human-wildlife conflicts they need to find another venue to push non-lethal initiatives; like the local town council or local environmental committee. These are reasonable venues to encourage constituants to use non-lethal wildlife management practices. And, at such venues I suspect that no legislation is required. For example simply educate waste management practices and the existence of, for example, home-use bear-deterrants. This will push the majority of "problematic" bears back into the places where they belong and will, over time, reduce human-bear conflict in suburbia.

In the mean while, let the NJDEP set reasonable hunting/fishing bags and quotas.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby TommyW » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 am

Here we go again. This guy didn't learn anything from the last time a couple of politicians tried this. They got voted out of their offices. :mad:
WHAT SAID IN THE BLIND STAYS IN THE BLIND
TommyW
hunter

Postby stevez » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:25 am

Here is his listed email address....WRITE him with your concerns. We cant be silent
His name is Anthony Chiappone

achiappone@yahoo.com
stevez
hunter

Postby stevez » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm

I wrote to Anthony Mauro at the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance, whom happens to represent the BEST organization for you folks in New Jersey to join and support. I asked him where this politician was hiding during the elections and this is the response I received...

"He never responded. He was newly elected after being out of the assembly for 2 years. Befroe he was thrown out of office 2 years ago he had introduced similar legislation.

Ant "

So you see, our enemies have a way of slinking back from the grave to haunt us again. Vigilance and solidarity are our best defense. Don't let this politician take advantage of the off-season to sneak this legislation by you. Join the N.J.O.A. today!
stevez
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Get me the specifics on joining Steve.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby stevez » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:44 pm

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/about/njoa.html

There ya go tack (and everyone else) ...check your PM by the way
stevez
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting