Snow goose got D AX

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Snow goose got D AX

Postby emmerdoug » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:04 pm

On my last hunt of the season I killed my first snow goose with jewelery top & bottom. What a way to end the season. I got 2 & my partner got 2 & a pair of widgon. The goose was banded 8/5/05 in Nunavut (northern most Canadian territory)

I am sure I will always remember the first & maybe only neck band I may ever shoot, but the blind retrieve that my dog made on the last bird that morning was awesome. The last bird sailed 200 yrds down river & across to the opposite bank & then got onto the bank in some very thick brush. It took more casts than I would have liked, but she needed to get out in a very specific spot. When she did the goose hit the water again & tried getting away swimming down stream another 25-50 yrds before she got to him. With out her that bird was coyote food. The training for next season starts this week. Our version of waterfowlers anonymous

Re: Snow goose got D AX

Postby fishfurlife » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:56 pm

That is pretty neat man, and what are the odds of your first snow goose having that kind of baggage. Sounds like you have a pretty good hunting companion as well. :thumbsup:
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

congrats! you dont see that every day! :beer: :bow:
bluewing77
hunter

Postby emmerdoug » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am

fishfurlife wrote:That is pretty neat man, and what are the odds of your first snow goose having that kind of baggage. Sounds like you have a pretty good hunting companion as well. :thumbsup:

The odds I would say are pretty slim. I was hoping the overwhelming luck would stay with me when I bought a lottery ticket, but no such luck :wink: . And yes she is a pretty good hunting companion.
emmerdoug
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:07 am

Congrats on your first! I enjoy the dog stories.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:35 am

HMMMMMMM looks like you did well, its a pleasure training with you and i finally have seen the pics. wen we training again you ol lug and i had fun at the HRC's. thanks for the special coke. made for a fun night, lets try dove hunting soon too
flashman252
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting