DOA....A Business???

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

DOA....A Business???

Postby Medis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I consistently check out this site as well as others, to include the "Fuge" and I can't help but wonder if DOA is a well run business or a high school click. On this site as well as the Fuge I have read countless post of bickering between the owners of this company and a select few members, of each site. This is plain and simple.....Unprofessional, I mean this is your business....right????

I just would like to make it known that although New Mexico has a small duck hunting community it is larger than 5-10 people. I have never met one of these people nor do I care to after reading these post. I have considered buying calls from this company, because I must admit the pure look of the Death Spin draws me in. However, I read these post of bickering, name calling, arguing, and so on and It disgust me. An owner of any business should know that they may have a customer around any corner, a simple mouse click away from spending their hard earned money on their product. I just couldn't bring myself to buy from this "group" who isolates themselves like they are gods gift to duck hunting and continues to embarrass themselves in the eyes of future customers.

Just my two cents...Thanks
Medis
hunter

Re: DOA....A Business???

Postby Medis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Oh and as far as this non stop complaining about spots...I hunt at Bitter Lakes, Dexter Fish Hatcher, the River in Roswell, The open gate property by bottomless lakes, the holding tanks just north of El Paso, and the ponds just west of Boles Acres, south of Alamogordo. Anyone on this site is welcome to these spots because I don't own any of them. I killed ALOT of ducks this year, never went over my limit, and never killed something I couldn't identify.

I hear constant talk to "sportsmanship" on both of these site. Let me tell you, from what I read around here there isn't any among these elite New Mexico duck hunters. They cherish their precious spots like they were handed down from the big man himself and make threats through personal messages if you dare give one up. Get real guys, go hunt....enjoy your day with friends and family and possibly a stranger or just leave. I'm tired of reading this crap, the rest of us "normal" not so elite New Mexico duck hunters are tired of it.

I would have posted this on the "Fuge", being as this is a response to a recent conversation over there...but I can't get into that site.
Medis
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:21 am

hey man, hows it going? this place sure has been dead....

the DOA guys that i have met are nice fellas who make nice calls. i bought one last feb at the waterfowlers cookout. they know how to cook up some ducks too.

we just added a 2nd baby girl to the nest back in march, so i dont know if i'll make any trips down to SE NM this season or not. i hate to be gone away from the girls -- theyre only little once. but i do miss hunting down there. great memories as a kid hunting ducks, dove, and quail with my old man and the dogs back in the early 90's. hunting along the I-25 corridor seems to be alot more competitive -- big city = more hunters. more hunters + internet = more bickering.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:15 pm

WOW! 186 VIEWS and nobody else has an opinion. this forum is awesome ... guess what-- no ice at la joya or bernardo as of this posting. anybody else got a scouting report? :fingerhead: :lol3:
bluewing77
hunter

Postby Medis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:57 am

Hah, true....a lot of views and no response, go figure. Congrats on your new little one and I'm glad to hear things are good for ya.
Medis
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Medis-

I apologize that we have not met your expectations for waterfowlers and businessmen. You are very fortunate to live where you do with minimal hunting pressure, here in the valley or within 60 miles in either direction of the states population center the competition has gotten fierce. Having learned from experience when you find a section of the river that is producing it is best to keep a lid on it. Nothing worse than finding another truck at a spot you have been hunting, even worse when someone you were associated with dropped the dime on the spot.

Anyway, not to belabor the point, but I think you recently witnessed a bit of post season-pre season banter between two guys with mutual respect for each other but needing to clear the air. Maybe not the best idea to do so on an open forum, maybe a phone call would have been better. Yeah it kinda came out of left field, and I appreciate RM realizing the post had nothing to do with DOA and revising the post........Medis if you haven't been back please re-read his post.

But let me clear the slate quickly. Neither Greg or I have ever openly attacked an individual or business on this forum, we have only responded to attacks upon our character and or integrity, based not upon fact but on jealous rivalry and fear that DOA would somehow expose the MRV to waterfowl hunters from coast to coast.

Medis- I would only ask that you make contact in person if you would like to know what kind of people we are. Openly accusing a group or indivual based upon snipits of posts from these forums is far reaching to pass judgement don't you think. God's gift to waterfowling...........not really! Accomplished callers and waterfowlers with a passion- absolutely
Last edited by KHerbst on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KHerbst
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:19 pm

In the interest of good sportsmanship..................

I hunt the river from I 25 to Hatch...............Lajoya on Sundays, Bernardo when the ducks are there, water tanks and lakes from BlueWater to Lake Catherine. But don't expect any GPS waypoints, gotta get out there and scout boys! :wink:

Thanks for waking us up Medis.......been busy chasing fins! Season will be here before we know it!
KHerbst
hunter

Search…

Postby bloncomaese1010 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 pm

i think everybody should be humble instead everyone thinks they r superior
quack head
bloncomaese1010
Newb

Postby nmduckboy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 am

1143 views......wow!

My 2 cents:
Anyone who has ever met Greg and/or Kevin, talked to them, ate with them, bought a call from them, and/or hunted with them can tell you that not only are they professionals from a business standpoint, but are men of integrity, immense knowledge, ethical in every way, and honest as the day is long. Nuff said.......

Now let's get back to :hammer: ducks and :beer: !
ADHD -- Avid Duck Hunting Disorder
nmduckboy
hunter

Postby FastPine » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 pm

nmduckboy wrote:
Now let's get back to :hammer: ducks and :beer: !

Im dying to pound some ducks,,, all ive pounded lately is sporting clays, and my girlfriend...
Blasting holes in the night till she bled sunshine..
FastPine
hunter

Postby duckahlr » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:51 am

Dang, it's a little late for me to chime in on this. I've been off of the forums for way too long. I'm over seas right now in Korea. I will be back in Abq the 3rd week of Oct for some business. If we need to talk, let's talk.
I hope every if having a good off season. Those birds will be flying sooner than you know it. Later boys'.
-Greg
duckahlr
hunter

Postby Medis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Guys,

I have no doubt that on a personal level ya'll are really great guys, as are most. The only reason I brought this up is because most of your customers you will never met. Opinions are easy to form and considering the amount of duck hunters that use this site as well as other sites, which ya'll have to to get your name out there, it just seemed that everytime I would get on someone associated with ya'll was in a bickering match with some random person. This post has over 2,000 views, meaning its gotten ya'll a lot of exposure one way or another.

As far as spots go, I grew up duck hunting in Delaware...we would wake at 3 in the morning and drive to the check in stations where we would get a number assigned to us. At a certain time in the morning everyones number would be put into a bingo type roller and when your number was drawn you got to go up to the board and pick a blind. Imagine 50 hunters, trucks, boats, dogs, standing everywhere hoping their number is drawn. Alot of times you got nothing.....Let me say this wasn't just one spot that was like this, it was all the public hunting land. Then if you did get drawn you hop into your truck, drive another 20 minutes to the boat ramp where EVERYONE is unloading, and then take a boat ride to the blind. If you get caught hunting out of anything other than the blind, you get fined by the warden.

Now, if you dont get drawn.....You hop into your truck and race to the one spot you know of where you might have a chance to kill some ducks, or if it is during the right time of the year, you just race home and set up your goose decoys as fast as you can. The situation in this state seems SO much better to me, yet the whining is way worse.
Medis
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting