cyber scouters

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

cyber scouters

Postby blonco10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:26 am

for the cyber-scouters that r going to try and get info i suggest u guys go out and find birds do some real scouting and find things out for yourself.

i dont know how anybody else feels but i dont want these cyber dudes gettin any info. we all work hard for this season so we can show up to our spots and someone is there. i know i have to get up early and i will im out the door by 2 am.

EARLY BIRD GETS THE BIRD

hahahahahahahahahahahah[*]
PATO POUNDER
blonco10
hunter

Re: cyber scouters

Postby Dirt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:42 pm

I agree, keep it to yourself.

Blonco what happens if I leave at 1am and beat you to "your" spot?
Dirt
hunter

Postby blonco10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 pm

hey dirt good 2 see u feel the same i think alot of us do. hey if u leave @ 1 i will be there shortly after and hunt with u.
hahahahahaha good luck this yr. lets share a blind sometime send a pm i have something in store 4 teal
PATO POUNDER
blonco10
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 pm

blonco10 wrote:for the cyber-scouters that r going to try and get info i suggest u guys go out and find birds do some real scouting and find things out for yourself. i dont know how anybody else feels but i dont want these cyber dudes gettin any info.

i dont tell anyone where they should hunt, nor where i hunt. and i especially dont tell when it comes to "my" spots. especially the public spots listed in the proclamation that are "mine". and if its a spot thats not listed in the proc, forget about it.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 am

TOTALLY AGREEABLE!!!! Yet the problem is we get these nuts who love to brag and then before you know its these same people that let go of secrets. stop lurking and start scouting.
flashman252
hunter

Postby basseagle83 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:46 pm

i totally agree. i wont chare my fav spots. :fingerpt: but on the topic of "cyber" scouting, google earth has helped me pick some spots to scout and has helped me find some prime habitat that had ducks when i drove there. Im willing to share than much :wink:
basseagle83
hunter

Postby StevenL » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:40 am

Here, Here, Fellow hunters of this fold! We all work hard to find our places and we work harder to keep them our own. True sportsmen always know more than they let on ears whose personage may encroach. I, for one, am a loner. And seldom do I invite because history has proven the folly in that activity. I do not mind being a participant in a group but always do prefer keeping my distance from other folks even if they have demonstrated noteworthy trust.
I did some scouting last Sunday, and as a result tried posting a pic just in case I might bag something on my next time out.
Cyber Scouting is just as fierce in the fishing realm. You guys are right on the money assuming it's going to happen here.
Perhaps our Mods can make us aware of who's new, who has posted info, made contributions for hunting, etc. Therein saving us time in having to research someone else's history. I don't have any problem sharing info with fellow hunters who contribute to the forum.
StevenL
hunter

Postby cjc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:19 am

StevenL wrote:Here, Here, Fellow hunters of this fold! I did some scouting last Sunday, .
Perhaps our Mods can make us aware of who's new. I don't have any problem sharing info with fellow hunters who contribute to the forum.

I may have just taken parts of your conversation out to sum up what you were saying. With that said, I'm not new as you can tell by my post numbers, so will you share the spots with me that you found last Sunday. I think you're the type of guy who likes to be told the truth, and respects someone who can tell the truth, even in bad situations, no bullshittin arond with you, so here's the truth: I'm just too lazy to go find the spots myself. You can just PM me the locations. I won't share with the newbies. Thanks buddy :tongue:
cjc
hunter

Postby StevenL » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:50 pm

You're a very funny guy CJC.
StevenL
hunter

Postby hawg hunter nm » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 am

I have to disagree! I think the site was made to share information and help each other. You don't have to give up your "secret spot" but maybe help a guy out with what not to do or steer him in the right direction. If someone has scouted an area that I was going to drive 2 hours to scout I'd sure like to know if I was wasting my time or not. I fish bass tournaments for money and its funny how the guys who are confident in their ability to find fish will tell you exactly what they are doing. I'm all for helping each other out. I'm just getting back into duck hunting but I know a couple places. If I can be of any assistance I'd be happy to help. I'd also like to think the guys in this forum would be respectful of an area that was shown to them. I guess meaning not over hunting it and making sure the finder isn't hunting it first. Just my two cents :wink:
hawg hunter nm
hunter

Postby cjc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:54 am

hawg hunter nm wrote: I think the site was made to share information and help each other. You don't have to give up your "secret spot" but maybe help a guy out with what not to do or steer him in the right direction. If someone has scouted an area that I was going to drive 2 hours to scout I'd sure like to know if I was wasting my time or not.

The thing is, if a guy drove that 2 hours to find ducks and found a crap load of them, then you asked him if you would be wasting your time driving out there, he would probably say yes. If you don't take the time to scout, why should you get handed the ducks on a golden platter? That's the same thing as asking everyone here "can you just go ahead and tell me where the ducks are so I don't waste my time driving around?" Another thing that I have noticed about hunting ducks here in NM is that any given spot in the state can be full of ducks one day and not the next, and vice versa. It always pays to drive there yourself. :beer:
cjc
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting