funny story

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

funny story

Postby NickFranco » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:01 pm

so i went out this morning to try for some teal down by the river so im sitting, waiting and a flock of about 15 teal is circling the decoys. they start coming in from the front three land and the rest go for another pass and as they cup to land i jump up and get 4 right off the bat :hammer: so the dog jumps in the river to go get them and gets taken by the current :eek: i found him 600 yards down stream shivering :no: soooooo i think ill wait till winter to go hunting again
BLAM!...hehehe
NickFranco
hunter

Re: funny story

Postby Medis » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Dang four right off the bat, thats pretty good.
Medis
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:02 am

keep da plug in your gun. 3 shots, 4 birds? hmmmmmm. And where on the river? if your dog is being washed down river already, you might have problems, the rio grande is quite low right now. winter will be much worse, be careful with those pups.
flashman252
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm

flashman252 wrote:keep da plug in your gun. 3 shots, 4 birds? hmmmmmm.

my guess is the plug was in the gun. but blasting away all 3 shells into a tightly bunched flock of decoying teal... not the brightest idea. he's lucky he didnt end up with more than 4 birds.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby NickFranco » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 pm

first the plug was in the gun but when they jumped i aimed at one got it and the one behind it and then two more :thumbsup:

i was about a quarter mile from the mesilla dam out side of cruces so the water was about 4 feet deep or so plus my dog is a german short hair not really the best of swimmers but he's dedicated
BLAM!...hehehe
NickFranco
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting