Nice Blind

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Nice Blind

Postby vlb » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:32 pm

I went out today to check the water level on the river. Somebody spent some time building an extra nice blind on the east side of the river. He or they used fence T bar ,chicken wire , and some camo on the upper half of it.
vlb
hunter

Re: Nice Blind

Postby cjc » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Stay out of my blind :hammer: :hammer: . At least it will be when I find it :yes:
cjc
hunter

Postby FastPine » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Walk down river about 100yds and the guy built another one just like it(assuming were talking about the same blind).....Three things bothered me so much about that blind I didnt bother even hunting in it. First, it was tucked waaaaay to far back into the brush and completely eliminated any line of sight up or down stream making any pass shooting almost impossible. Second there were pieces of brush stuck in the top of it that protruded 8' up in the air every 12" along the top of the leading edge which made it completely impractical for getting any kind of swing on a bird. Third, it was built waaaaaay to high, it is impossible to sitdown and see any action. When standing the wire mesh came up to my tits...
Blasting holes in the night till she bled sunshine..
FastPine
hunter

Postby vlb » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

FastPine
There's a new one up , still to high. But its well built. I used the large log to the noth this morning. Greenheads , Pintails, and a whole bunch of mergansers. The Honkers showed up in large numbers, but high flying.
vlb
hunter

Postby FastPine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah, I noticed once all the leaves fell off the surrounding brush it allowed for much better upstream view( I say upstream, because anyone who has hunted that blind knows 98% of the birds are flying downstream)..I actually met the guy who claims to have built that blind...Cool guy. Aparently they built it back early in Aug..Im wondering why they built the second one down stream sooo close. It would be pointless to hunt that second blind. Ive never seen such hard competition for a spot in the river as I have for that blind..Never. Its almost as bad as Bnrdo, and on a weekend, forget it..Ive woken up at 2:30 to get that spot and gotten shat on by like four trucks..That spot is a tough one, as you probably know, wade out 20' and the bottom dropps out quick. Easy to loose birds there. I took a swim a coupple years back a coupple blinds down from there..All that hype about drounding when wadres fill is a bunch of crap..The water in your waders weighs the same as the surrounding water, and certainly doesent "pull you under" like most say..Now standing up once you get to the bank with 10gal of freezing water in yer pants,,well thats the hard part :lol3: ..
Blasting holes in the night till she bled sunshine..
FastPine
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting