Getting back into duck and waterfowl hunting

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Getting back into duck and waterfowl hunting

Postby hawg hunter nm » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Well guys its been quite a few years. Idk why I stopped waterfowl hunting since I loved it so much. I guess with fishing tournaments, deer, elk, antelope, javelina, bear, cougar, pheasant, dove, and quail hunting it just slowly faded away. Well NO MORE. My Lab just looks at me with a sad look in his eyes when we watch waterfowl hunting on TV lol. So I'm gonna head south to hunt the Central Fly Zone South which opened up Oct 27th. I'm not too thrilled because I haven't seen any ducks when I drive over any of the Alb bridges. Well regardless I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm writing this post to ask if anyone has had any luck in the south zone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My mom has a small ranch pretty close to the river by bernardo. Some ducks fly over but I'd like to be on the river. I'm gonna go talk to the neighbor I believe he has river access. I'd be happy to share information and spots with anyone that is willing to do the same for me. Wish I had a small hunting boat I have a spot between Socorro and T or C that is or used to be redicilous duck hunting. Don't think my shiny sparkly bass boat would work lol. Thanks in advance for the info and for letting me be apart of this forum! Oh if anyone knows a good drake wood duck spot I'd really love to mount one. :help: :help:
hawg hunter nm
hunter

Re: Getting back into duck and waterfowl hunting

Postby randy marci » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:42 pm

hawg hunter nm wrote: Oh if anyone knows a good drake wood duck spot I'd really love to mount one. :help: :help:

sick. just sick. this is a family forum.....although i'm into midgets, so if you find a good midget spot i'd be happy to swap info with you. i'd love to mount a midget :smile:
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Re: Getting back into duck and waterfowl hunting

Postby JDogger » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm

...and so it begins. JD
JDogger
Newb

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting