Migration Info

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Migration Info

Postby Lindsey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:00 am

This is a link to the Kansas Wildlife Waterfowl report. It has graphics that shows bird migration versus date. Even though it doesn't show NM I find it useful. Kansas is always fun for a freelance hunter. Typically I come back pretty much warn out and my dogs loose about 7% of their weight. If you like bird hunting, all kinds of birds, and don't mind knocking on doors to get hunting permission and can afford at least 1 week, 2 weeks is better, of time you will definitely be rewarded with a true bird hunters vacation. To me freelancing is the only way to go. Paying for hunting is just a business transaction.

Update for NM Northwest. Birds packing in at Alpine NM Ponds, plenty of late summer rain ponds around. Birds fewer than in years past, I say it is due to the drop in bird production in the San Luis Valley over the last decade, but one can get some good gunning in. Spoked a nice six-by bull when he realized the goose decoys smelled like a human. That definitely was the highlight of the trip. Low point - I had to cut it short due to my dogs cut on his paw opened up again. All stiched up by an old country gal and in two weeks we'll hit again.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Huntin ... wl-Reports
Lindsey
hunter

Re: Migration Info

Postby Lindsey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:05 am

Northeast not Northwest
Lindsey
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting