Found

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Found

Postby bluewing77 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm

2 live rounds of Xpert 3" 1 1/8 oz #2 in the sand at a public hunting parking area. if you are the kind of guy who drops ammo in the sand, post up. or if you are like me and find other hunters' ammo, post up. last season i found ~ 18/25 shells of a box of winchester 1 oz #7 steel in the marsh. :huh: they were clean and dry so i took em & later killed some doves with those shells this past sept.
bluewing77
hunter

Re: Found

Postby StevenL » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Whether hunting or fishing, I always pick up trash and anything else other folks leave. One-time-use hand warmers and packages really piss me off. As for ammuntion: I have quite a collection of assorted shotgun shells. One year, some 4 ago, I found a shotgun in a parking area at Bernardo and my truck was the only one around. Called NMDGF "Operation Game Thief" after arriving home and left my number. Same afternoon, I get a call from the owner who identified the weapon (even gave me the serial number) and met him in a Wally World parking lot that evening. Cool dude. Drove all the way from T or C to ABQ.
Guys and guyettes: please do your best to pick up your spent hulls and all your trash. walk around your vehicles before you leave and take inventory of your equipment. learn it, know it, live it.
Hat tipped to all.
StevenL
hunter

Re: Found

Postby cmm » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:02 am

I found about 5 shells so far this season! remington 3" 2shot and 4 shot
cmm
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting