found jewerly

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

found jewerly

Postby duck vader » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:05 pm

went to river the other day to find very few ducks. finally a pair of mallards, a drake and a hen pitched in like their suppose to and i shot the drake which of course fell across the river creating a long exaperating retrieve in 3 1/2 feet of current upon picking up the duck i just stuck in my parka big cargo pocket and made the long swim back up the river to the blind. on the way home i sulked like had been cheated with only a drake toshow for the morning. got to the my duck hunting nap. screw that drake i thought but my guilt got best of me and off to the shop to dress my only bird. to my surprise when i pulled from my parka i notice the band i missed while swimming after it . and to think i almost let that bird float off down the river. guess i had an ok morning after all.i felt a little guilty about being ungratefull.
duck vader
hunter

Re: found jewerly

Postby KHerbst » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 pm

That's OK Vader............I am sure I was down stream to pick it up for you. I'd return it missing only one leg though! :lol3: Great Job on the band- I guess I am holding out for late season bands from the Tundra as the ducks have been plentiful but with out the bling. Only long neckers with the shinning prize have fallen in my decoys thus far.

Cheers- To many more!

K Herbst
KHerbst
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting