Gila Monster Outfitters?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Gila Monster Outfitters?

Postby KHerbst » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Anyone know this guy out of Belen, drives a black toyota extended cab or white chevy with the tailgate airbrushed with an elk and mulley?
KHerbst
hunter

Re: Gila Monster Outfitters?

Postby blonco10 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:53 pm

ya i know he is and his son. just my opinion i dont care for those guys they are unsafe and unethical. why do u ask kb. Hey we have really been in the birds latley man pm and maybe we can stack some feathers new buddies is always a good thing
PATO POUNDER
blonco10
hunter

Postby muddywater45 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 am

sounds like you guys dont like that guy Dale ? I 've thown that guy for 6-7 years hunted with him seems a cool cat to me !! his boys are respectful kids good gun handleing to me . Gets a little upset when others hunters sky bust or hunker on our dekes !!
I think you guys dont like him and BLONCO10 from belen you dont know him then because he has a ford not a chevy !!!
Dont rub mud to much because I have dirt on you guys that live on top of the west mesa hunting in the wrong units ,poaching
so lets not go there !!!
muddywater45
Newb

Postby KHerbst » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????????

Yeah, great guy drops the F Bomb in front of a 5 year old. Fires in the direction of an unarmed hunter and his kid......blowing up the water not 20 feet from where they stood., as witnessed by employees of the D of F&G. Then gets into a shouting match in the early AM over a public hunting spot that he was late to the show getting to, I believe he even threatened to kick someone ***. Sounds like his meds are off.

From what I hear, I would not tie my rope to that lead horse you might end up on a short list with Johny Lawdog.

No idea what you are speaking about with wrong units or poaching. If you are attempting to smear, bring it! But for sake of the forum let us know who you are so we can judge the credibility.

K Herbst
KHerbst
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:23 pm

This cracks me up....................another poser hiding behind an avitar. Wow- took me 30 seconds to find your post advertising Gila Monster Guide service! ie Dale Davis himself!!! :fingerhead: Could this be anyway attached to the complaint that was filed regarding your hunting ethics and challenges at La Joya or Sev....?

Good luck Gila Monster.....three posts and already on the attack.

K Herbst................Using my real name not hiding behind an avitar!
KHerbst
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:32 pm

I do believe black mail is unlawful. Black mail will not be tolerated! If you have “dirt” then you can immediately do one of two things, tell on them, or turn a blind eye. You cannot however, hold it over their heads like that. With no proof you can’t even take them to the law over it. :no:

Well I Shure did learn from this string. Never go with Gila Monster Outfitters, and muddywater45 has low credibility. It is not like me to jump to such knowledge but you Shure where overly defensive. All Blonco said was he did not care for you. KHerbst is right it took 30 sec. to find your posts. Not to menschen anyone who drops f bombs at a fife year old should not be allowed to hold a gun. Personally I would not want to cross paths with this guy when he is arguing over who shot a bird. :eek:

Just my observations from the string. I hope you like the image you have made for your self muddywater45
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 pm

So we all know the truth about Muddy Waters and Dale Davis or Gila Monster-

4 years ago, while hunting with my 5 year old and another guy at Sevi-B. We noticed an older grey toyota tundra with expired dealer tags parked in the 1 mile no parking area right behind where we typically sat. We unloaded our gear, I took the truck and drove to the "legal parking area". I bundled up my 5 year old and headed down. Noticing decoys I headed to the spread when Gila stepped out with his two boys, I apologized and tried to move on when he started on an F Bomb rant. I told him I didn't care for his mouth in front of my boy and turned to leave, he replied " I have 3 boxes of shells, I will shoot everyone or everyone of them" and he began shooting the water at our feet. I put myself between Gila and my boy and quickly exited calling 911. Unfortunately, dispatch gave the wrong vehicle description and he got away. It was also witnessed by two biologist from F&G Before he left though he snuck up behind us and fired right over our heads into our decoys. Great example for his kids............I have been on the hunt for him ever since. Gila---I think I mentioned at the time we would meet again!!!

He slipped by for several years until last year. "The boys" were ready to hunt a spot we had shot a few times with success when truck pulls up. Other hunters seeing the hole occupied move on, next came Gila, when he arrived he jump out of the truck telling "The boys" they were not hunting there----- he was, he said his kid was a State Champion wrestler and that he would be in the water before they would. "The boys" suggested it was in his best interest to move on and not let his kids witness a "marsh stomping". He moved on alright 150 yards away and proceeded to open up 15 minutes early and sail 5 birds they never claimed. When they shared the story and mentioned he was wearing a Gila Monster shirt it all came together.

Unfortunately D of F&G could not do anything as the statute for my event was up. They said they would have a sit with him and get back with me.............still waiting. Better yet they tried to use that event as a case for moving all state properties to reservation hunting.

Guys know who you are dealing with and stay clear. Can't let this loose canon affect our hunting priviliges here in NM. Too bad F&G can act before something ugly happens.

KLH
KHerbst
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 am

Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon to a miner hmmmm…. I do believe you should have used your 2 amendment right in that case. Who was it on the forum that said they carry a box of slugs into the marsh for just that kind of thing? :huh: I am not looking to shoot someone but, you can bet your ass if someone threatens then dose shoot at me or a member of my group, especially a child :mad: , they will be rushed to the ER and then to prison after they get out of the hospital.

Stand by my opinion, this guy should not be allowed to hold any form of weapon. Who knows what kind of crap he does when he thinks no one is watching.

if only people could be nice and polite in the fild??????? gess all we can do is be nice and hope to meet one of the other 98% of the good guys. :beer:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby Redchili » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 am

Hunting ethics?? well is that like when I was eight years old and we get up at 330 and have our Deeks set up and people come hunt 100 yards from us? Or is it when i got hit in that face by a BB an inch higher and i can be blind, Is that what hungting ethics are? The worst thing about it is the BB was lead!! Or how about the pellet in my brothers shoulder? Or the BB in my fathers side? But we dont having hunting ethics? why don't you guys look at yourself before trying to dis on anyone. Do you even know how to identify ducks?? If i recall i remeber hunters shooting pintails to early in the season but thats not part of hunting ethics Is it?

And personally I get there at 330 in the morning, and i have had hunters walk up on my spread, and set up right next to me within a 100 yards. I'm getting a little fed up with it too, i might have to start shooting a few rounds of my own in the water.
Redchili
Newb

Postby bluewing77 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:06 am

Redchili wrote:Hunting ethics?? well is that like when I was eight years old and we get up at 330 and have our Deeks set up and people come hunt 100 yards from us? Or is it when i got hit in that face by a BB an inch higher and i can be blind, Is that what hungting ethics are? The worst thing about it is the BB was lead!! Or how about the pellet in my brothers shoulder? Or the BB in my fathers side? But we dont having hunting ethics? why don't you guys look at yourself before trying to dis on anyone. Do you even know how to identify ducks?? If i recall i remeber hunters shooting pintails to early in the season but thats not part of hunting ethics Is it?
And personally I get there at 330 in the morning, and i have had hunters walk up on my spread, and set up right next to me within a 100 yards. I'm getting a little fed up with it too, i might have to start shooting a few rounds of my own in the water.

Real nice first post. welcome to the forum hot-head. It is unfortunate that you and various members of your family have been hit by shot. but what is "shooting a few rounds" in the water going to accomplish? good luck with that, let us know how it works out for you. who are you anyway? this gila monster guy's son?? :hi:
bluewing77
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm

:welcome: Red Chile---- Thought there was a rule about needing to be 18 in order to post on this thread. Yep sure sounds like you have been brought up well. We were worried about what kind of influence pop was going to be on the two of you. Jr. I'd take a step back here, cool down and zip it up! Being a hot head will get you know where but beat down, and no your NMJW state title doesn't give you the stones to step on the forum and speak to anyone like a man, you want to talk like a man act like a man and know when to say when.

1) Concentrate on your studies and the upcoming wrestling season. You have some strong leaders in the wrestling room, focus on being more like them than the alternative. Wyatt and Phillip should be your role models not someone who wrecklessly discharges a firearm in the direction of a man and his 5 year old kid.
2) Don't come onto a public forum making threats about your activity with a firearm............threats or intimitation with a firearm, even shooting into the water when someone walks buy is illegal, possibly even a federal offense and your priviliges will be revoked. That would suck for a 15 yr old kid who I believe really enjoys fowling.
3) We can't always control the idiots who are around us, shooting early, the wrong birds ect. Be better, set an example and let other adults see a 15 yr old kid is more of a sportsman than they are. Do not however sink to their level.

I'd liketo help you out here as you are definitely on the wrong track. Think I am fooling...........scout me out- ask Coach Lee about me. I hope to see you in the wrestling room this year doing great things and having great.......stress free hunts during your down time.

K Herbst
KHerbst
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Redchili wrote:Hunting ethics?? well is that like when I was eight years old and we get up at 330 and have our Deeks set up and people come hunt 100 yards from us? Or is it when i got hit in that face by a BB an inch higher and i can be blind, Is that what hungting ethics are? The worst thing about it is the BB was lead!! Or how about the pellet in my brothers shoulder? Or the BB in my fathers side? But we dont having hunting ethics? why don't you guys look at yourself before trying to dis on anyone. Do you even know how to identify ducks?? If i recall i remeber hunters shooting pintails to early in the season but thats not part of hunting ethics Is it?

:welcome:

When you say you were hit. Do you mean by some ones fall out form shooting at a duck from across the lake or swearing at you and intentionally shooting you??? They are two very different things. The first happens no matter how careful you are, the public marsh is a crowed place. As far as shooting the water in front of someone, it is a federal offence and would not recommend it. However if someone is intently shooting at you, and you are in fear of being killed or wondered it is your RIGHT to defend yourself. If that many people in your family have bbs inside of their body, no offence, but something is wrong.

As far as people setting up by you, it is just one of the problems with public land. It does not matter where you go in the U.S.A that will happen to you. The things you can do to fix it, hunt privet land, or go somewhere such a pain in the a to get to, laze hunters like that will not come. I suggest instead of yelling at us on the forum you try to be part of the 98% of the good hunters. I find it sad that 2% can ruin people’s seasons.

hope your next post is more positive :wink:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby NickFranco » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:13 pm

ive also ran into this gila monster guy before. Nothing as serious as some of these other stories but i can tell you who your describing sound very familiar. It was the first time i hunted at la joya, about 20 mins before shooting hours i could hear a very loud person having a MAN SIZED hissy fit over something :mad: . they were too far for me to here the whole argument but i did see that same truck in the parking area when i arrived.

that guy is specifically why i don't even bother to go to la joya anymore.
BLAM!...hehehe
NickFranco
hunter

Postby sfmember1122 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:19 pm

I am with NickFranco on this one. If it is the same incident you guys are talking about, hunting pond 2 at La Joya last year about 20-30 mins before shooting light we see a set of head lamps walking across the levi and one of the most God awful shouting matches that we could distinctivly hear from across the pond. Honestly Gila- grow the H*** up. For a grown man to conduct themselves in such a manner truly shows their incompetency. Ive never awaken at 230 AM and said you know what i feel like going to public hunting land to get in a fist fight. I believe we are all out here for the same reason, to enjoy the wilderness that the good lord has provided us.

Suck up your pride a little bit, accept the fact that your lazy self was late to the hole and move on.

On a positive note however i think he fired up the ducks a little bit, 3 shooters that day we killed 18 ducks and 2 snows.
sfmember1122
Newb

Postby sfmember1122 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Fun fact for anyone that continues to read this post. The Gila Monster feeds on eggs, small animals and otherwise "Helpless Prey".

Funny how things come together when a talking about a man with a reputation like his...lmao!!!!!

I think that calls for the infamous, EPIC FAIL!
sfmember1122
Newb

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting