A little help please

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

A little help please

Postby cyber_scouter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Albuquerque area so I don't know where the good places are to hunt. If you could please PM me a list of your top 5 spots that would be really great. Thanks

CS
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Re: A little help please

Postby vlb » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Tingley beach eary in the morning, Corrales bridge around 9:30am , Bernardo on Tuesdays the east ponds, ( nobody is ever there).
vlb
hunter

Postby nmgooseguy113 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:04 pm

:welcome: :beer:

haha this is great i wonder how many people are gonna take this serious and get all hurt?!?!? get off the computer and go scout and look for spots bla bla bla idk how many times i have heard all the cyber scouter things. it gets annoying.. if you dont want them to know your spots then dont post that easy...

a few public spots are Bernardo but you can only hunt specific areas on the correct day. there is also la joya i dont really know the rules there dont hunt there very ofter... run over to wallmart big 5 and grab a proc. or just get on line and it will tell you the rules and if you also need all of the free permits go to the New Mexico Game & Fish website and print out the free permits you dont want to hunt without them you will get a nice fine for some $$$! well good luck hope you get out and get some birds... :hammer:
nmgooseguy113
hunter

Postby vlb » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm

nmgooseguy113

Thanks for pointing out my major mistakes. I should of added a bunch of smiles. Those used to be my favorite spots thirtyfive years ago, or was it forty years ago?
vlb
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am

la dera holds geese, arroyo holds geese and a lot wigeon, and tanoan is starting to see geese. better get there early, the golfing guys like to be out there warming up pretty early :wink:
flashman252
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 pm

flashman252 wrote:la dera holds geese, arroyo holds geese and a lot wigeon, and tanoan is starting to see geese. better get there early, the golfing guys like to be out there warming up pretty early :wink:

I noticed the geese at Ladera. I only had a 3 iron and the law says I have to use steel. :mad:
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby vlb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:02 pm

cyber_scouter
Stop trying to kill them with the club, use the ball. Its like team roping the first guy gets them in the air, the second guy gets the shot.If done right a foursome can get four to six birdies on a good day. Call the game and fish , find out how to get a key to the river, then go out Saturday morning and listen to where all the shooting is going on.
vlb
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 pm

vlb wrote: go out Saturday morning and listen to where all the shooting is going on.

I did that last Saturday, found a couple of guys huntin a place that looked real good. I moved up river and threw out 1 decoy then waited for them to call the ducks in. They weren't too friendly to out-of-towners cause I was close enough to hear them call me a F-ing A-H0le.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:40 pm

La Dera holds a lot of bands too.... true story, playin a golf tourney and i am doing fairly well, looking to shoot somewhere in the mid 70's and i ended up taking 3rd in that high school tournament but on the final hole, three honkers are mozyin along the tee box and 2 of them are banded. Showin off shine, someone needs some bread and STEEL shaft and a one swift nice practice swing (workin on the tempo of course) and oh... damn that goose just got in the way.... AND OH MY, its got a band :yes:
flashman252
hunter

Postby vlb » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:19 pm

cyber_scouter
Don't sweat the name calling, next time get closer to the other guys decoys. I'm sure you'll kill more ducks then the hunters who own the decoys. No guts no glory. :lol:
vlb
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting