la joya

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

la joya

Postby NickFranco » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 pm

i was planning a trip to la joya sometime soon and i was wondering if you would share some of your knowledge about it. I'm not asking for your favorite spot just some helpful info like whether to go on a weekend or weekday. i just dont wanna drive 3 hours and get skunked, thnks.
BLAM!...hehehe
NickFranco
hunter

Re: la joya

Postby cmm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:57 pm

I have not hunted the ponds there only scouted. I hear there are normally quite a bit of ducks that hang out there. I know on weekends it ts definitely very packed being that you can only hunt certain ponds on certain days (check proc) When I did scout it was very early season and saw a fair amount. If you do go let us know how you did good luck!
cmm
hunter

Re: la joya

Postby FastPine » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Ill tell ya what to expect...Expect to have to arrive suuuuuuper early to get a decent spot, then expect some blue jean, no cammo wearin ass hat to walk in 10 minutes before shooting light and stand on the shore within 60 feet of you and start calling like an idiot..Then expect for him to start shooting early, blasting at anything that comes remotely close......Expect to be frustrated as hell and expect to possibly get into a fist fight.

Just say NO to Bnrdo and LJ...Nothing but head aches.

Seriously,,Expect to be standing in the water, there are not many spots that allow for a dry land blind. JL isnta dog friendly spot unless you have a dog stand..
Blasting holes in the night till she bled sunshine..
FastPine
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting