Light Goose Season?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

Light Goose Season?

Postby ghostingrey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:49 am

Howdy all,
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the Light Goose Conservation order was all about. I've only hunted ducks round here and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with light goose hunts out here in NM. I sure wouldn't mind a few geese in the freezer. Can you hunt the WMA's during this season? Thanks
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby ghostingrey » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:29 am

Hey all,
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the snow goose situation down at Bernardo. I know there's only a few days left in the Conservation order hunt but if you have a chance to get out there it's definitely worth it. I was down there this weekend and there were probably close to 2-3 thousand snows down there. They were all north of US 60 and west of the unit 7 drain. Hanging out in the ponds. We were hunting east of unit 7 drain on Sat and managed to bag a couple that somehow wandered away from the main flock. The ponds east on the drain have been drained, although it looks like it was done fairly recently. Good luck, it's a long wait until Sept. teal season.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting