Looking for some hunting partners

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Looking for some hunting partners

Postby ajmorell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

First off, I'm not looking to have someone let me in on and hunt their secret spots with them. I'm also not looking to break up any existing hunting groups you may have. My main reason for posting this is that I'm not at all a fan of hunting alone, especially when I'm not real familiar with the area. I've got a fair amount of equipment (~2 dozen mallard dekes, 1 dozen blue bill dekes, mojo, calls, several shotguns, waders, yadda yadda) and I'm not a novice duck hunter by any means. I have only been in NM for about 8 months know, and my knowledge of waterfowl hunting here is limited so it would certainly be beneficial for me to glean some info from some veterans as well. I'm located up in Santa Fe but traveling to hunt isn't an issue for me. If anyone wants to meet for a beer and BS sometime let me know (just so you know I'm not a crazy or a creep :wink: )

Andy
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Re: Looking for some hunting partners

Postby cyber_scouter » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm

I have responded before to some posts like this one and they didn't really like that I carry a twelve pack of Miller Lite in the blind with me. Maybe I should have brought Bud instead. :beer:

I shoot better drunk.

Just kidding........................(about the Miller Lite) :tongue:

Welcome to NM :welcome: .......I don't really drink and hunt, I just want you to get a preview of what you should expect though. Last year was my first year hunting here and it blew my mind. Some of those guys from Belen and Los Lunas are uncivilized. :yes:
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby cmm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:44 pm

wait til you hunt bernardo or la joya ponds on the weekends!!!!!! And welcome to new mexico, I am a novice hunter still trying to learn the ropes. So far I think hunting here is pretty hard but that may just be because i am still learning. Well thats my excuse anyways! good luck this year everyone. I can show you a few places legal to hunt but dont know any "secret killer" spots just yet
cmm
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Like I said, I'm not looking for spots to hunt, just people to hunt with. I have some good ideas on places to hunt, I just need to get my ass out and scout.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting