Teal season

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Teal season

Postby Gamecock16 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 am

I am a student at NMSU I have been down here for a few years and decided I would finally join the forum. I was born and raised in Southern Colorado. My lazy friends do not want to put in the leg work to hunt ducks down here in the desert. So if there is anyone that wants to meet up and do some scouting for teal or even some dove hunting im always down. I have a few stock tanks I have been hitting up. I normally do my duck hunting up north in Truth or Consequences. It is a very hit or miss spot. Im thinking about hitting it up for some teal in a few weeks. I got an extra seat in my truck so if you are interested lets make it happen. And I have tried like hell to find out if there is waterfowl hunting on Caballo lake? Even the game and fish could not tell me? It says in the proclamation that there is limited waterfowl hunting, but no one can give me a simple yes or no.

Hope everyone is having a good season so far.

Shane M.
Gamecock16
hunter

Re: Teal season

Postby aggiehunter » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Hey man I just moved to t or c. And am in the same situation as you as far as no one to duck hunt with. I am pretty big into and always down to go. Found some decent spots so far.. send me a p.m if you wanna give it a shot.
Twitch
aggiehunter
hunter

Postby the high life man » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Just move to White Sands this summer. Met up with a guy on another forum. I am also looking for some hunting partners. Got a truck, gun, decoys, and waders. Maybe we can hook up for a hunt or two. Haven't been really able to scout due to having a baby 3 weeks ago, but always game if you need a partner for a morning.

hlm
the high life man
hunter

Postby Pintail2020 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey guys me and a buddy that i fly with just got a boat and a surface drive go devil. We live in clovis and have a few spots and about 5000 acres of farm land spread out. Got decoys and the whole shabang pm me if interested . Not promising action but we have seen em in a few places.
Pintail2020
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting