Stayed Tuned

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Stayed Tuned

Postby Medis » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 am

I'm about to post every single place I hunted last year....Ok ready,
Bitter Lakes-Ok
Bottomless Lakes overflow-Good
Dexter fish hatchery-Good
Alamogordo south of Hwy 70, west of Hwy 54- Freaking amazing
Otero County Mesa-OK
Lake Eufala Alabama-Very good-(Deer too)
Woodland beach delaware-OK
Blakiston wildlife refuge delaware-Amazing
Urian farms corn fields in Delaware-Amazing

O no...now everyone knows my spots. I guess I will just have a horrible season. I guess i will just have to tell all the new people to Scout, scout, scout...that is the key! Geez, get a grip guys. If ya'll want to know where to go, or need helping getting started send me a message. When I first moved to Alamogordo from Delaware I thought my waterfowl fun was over, until I met some good people who showed me some spots. The best duck hunting I have ever done is less than ten miles from my house right here in Alamogordo. It just took meeting the right rancher, leasing one of his holding tanks (for very cheap), flooding it like crazy for the past couple years to develop somewhat of a marshy area and good management.
Medis
hunter

Re: Stayed Tuned

Postby bluewing77 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 pm

i've had some real good hunts around Lake Arthur, and Iota, Louisiana. lots of teal, snow geese, and specklebellies aka greater white fronted geese. my old man and i have had some good hunts up around Riverton, Wyoming. mostly mallards. medis you crazy, aint no ducks in NM :lol3:
bluewing77
hunter

Postby Medis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Keep in mind though, if you seek my assistance, I am not a state champion duck caller who braved the storm of two other callers to earn my title. I don't have my own outfit, or a master dog. I am like most normal people, I just hunt the dang things. No secrets, no amazing tactics, or superior calling abilities....I just go out and sit where ducks like to be...and then shoot them. I only know two calls and use them sparingly. My grandfather used to sit on a bucket and kill all the ducks you could ever want and the one things he always told me is, "Just be still, that's all that really matters." Duck hunters are notorious for acting like they are better than the next guy, at all aspects of the hunt. Its always a, "Who's hotdog is bigger type of thing." I will never act like am a master and will never tell another grown man how to hunt. After all its just hunting, we don't do it for survival anymore.

This is my rant...thank you.

P.s.- I hope the lurkers don't see this. Do you think they will?
Medis
hunter

Postby NickFranco » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 pm

i like this guy, no bull crap just a duck hunter. i bet his deeks and stuff are like 20 years old like mine. :thumbsup:
BLAM!...hehehe
NickFranco
hunter

Re:

Postby bluewing77 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:03 pm

[quote="Medis"]My grandfather used to sit on a bucket and kill all the ducks you could ever want and the one things he always told me is, "Just be still, that's all that really matters."quote]

I got an old black bucket thats been sat on quite a bit for the purpose of duck and dove killing. it should have an ass-o-meter, for record keeping purposes.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby Medis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Ha, I like that bluewing. Ass-o-meter...Have you seen that commercial for flex-seal? I'm sure you could use that stuff in case your bucket gets a hole.
Medis
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:44 pm

there is no thing like i good bucket. as long as your going to sit, mite as well get off the ground. you market your "Ass-o-meter" i will pay for one and i will put it to good use
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Here we go again.......Deleware Dude on his rant about callers and all the hardcore fowlers. Hey Medis......did you compete in the contest? Have you ever had the tennis balls to step on stage? I don't care if there were 2-5 or 50 guys, at least a few had the stones to step and stage and oh yes have a little fun while at it. Who the F are you to belittle what they did.

Been a long time coming Deleware.......you run your mouth on this board as if you have really earned the right to comment on anything fowl, you've been at this what less than a decade? To boot less than what 5 years here in NM. I see you put the smack down on spoonies :hammer: :yes: You da man.........! I fear your fowling prowess much the same as your taxidermy :sad: !!

Enjoy your season on the stock tank..........we will make sure to pass the bootlips for your gunning pleasure..............Pleeb!

Do you really want to know why 30+ year veterans don't broadcast where they hunt? Because NFG's to the sport like you have no ethics, basically scab hunters is what I would refer to them as. Dedicated guys, very few in the fraternity work hard to find ducks and put up good hunts. Scabs then suck in as close as they can, if not claim jumping areas the dedicated guys have been shooting. To that small fraternity there is a sense of respect, I often share information with guys who I know wont claim jump, and those who have the respect to call asking for tips as their hunts have been slow.........I share----they share when my shoots have been slow... the way it should be. But that is something that has been lost on your twenty something generation. The generation learning to fowl from DVD's and ridiculous TV programming where each harvest is call for phony hi fives and child's play.

Peace out-

KLH
KHerbst
hunter

Postby Medis » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 am

Well, I see I have struck a nerve with the master himself. First, let me say thank you for insulting me for shooting “bootlips.” Unlike you and your elite fraternity I do not care what kind of duck I shoot, nor do I care if I shoot a duck period. I hunt for the experience of hunting. The laughs of the missed shots, the 3 A.M. truck rides with my friends and so on. Again, thank you for passing on those “bootlips” and affording me and my friends the opportunity to enjoy the experience of the day together, rather than the experience of the killing. It is quite possible that with all those birds you and your fraternity let go, we may just become as good as you some day. Unlikely though…

You are exactly right with how long I have been hunting ducks, ten years on the dot. I know that after ten years and only some of them in New Mexico I have not earned the right to challenge your authority. However, unlike you I do not care if the guy next to me has been hunting 5 days or 30 years. I don’t judge a man on his knowledge of ducks, or lack thereof. I take it you were offended by my initial posting and by the context clues I picked up on in your response you are angry. Unfortunately the truth can be offensive at times and although my posting wasn’t directed at anyone in particular, you obviously are having an issue with the points I brought up and felt the need to defend yourself. I’m sorry you couldn’t take the high road and talk about it in a respectful way, but…I am glad you responded in the way you did. Your response is a direct reflection of the way you treat people on this forum and the feelings you hold for new duck hunters. You mention how the “twenty something generation” doesn’t have any respect for the fowl and are learning from videos. However, you make fun of me for shooting “bootlips,” refuse to help others (outside your click), and insult innocent questions of beginners. I don’t think anyone needs an explanation to see the irony in this.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that at some point in your life duck hunting became too serious for you. It got to the point where it stopped being fun and started becoming work, a job that needed strong results for you to feel satisfied with yourself. For that I do not envy you one bit.

I hope that the new people on this site can take a look at the way you insulted my taxidermy and develop their own opinion on you. I posted a picture of the first duck I ever mounted, as an amateur, with no training. I was proud of it and hoping to get some feedback, and possibly a good job comment or two. The way you insulted me for attempting to learn how to do something new is exactly why you found yourself typing a lengthy response to defend yourself in the first place. Because you do not respect others who want to learn, ask questions, and become involved in a new activity. Instead you view them as threat to your holy hunting grounds.

You may have several years on me and a lot more experience, but I am sad that you are unable to embrace the times when someone sits too close to you when you are hunting. It doesn’t always make me happy, you could look at it as a chance to teach someone something about ethics rather than a detrimental blow to your hunt. You could take your highly advanced skill set and pass on just a little rather than make the new guy feel like he is stupid for trying. New hunters can’t learn how far is too far from a video, but they could learn from you.

So, I’ll take my Spoonies and holding tank birds, you keep on ruling the state with your superior abilities that you hold over everyone else head. I hope someone new can see through all the words and attempts to outwit each other and join either one of us for a hunt.

Also, A pleeb is a very insulting word. I don’t care if you are angry or not, a grown man should not resort to that. For those of you that don’t know it’s slang word the explicit version of vagina.

Peace out

GMR
Medis
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Does everyone have the pop corn salt out?

Hook-line-sinker.......................... :yes:

My opinion shouldn't mean anything to you Medis, but it still stung a bit when I called out your age, experience and taxidermy work. Look at your expanded reaction. You didn't offend me with your post, you offended the guys who stepped on stage to "Brave a three man contest". You are not a victim here you are the antagonist looking to spark a reaction.

You have thin skin when someone comments on your taxidermy, yet you lob sucker punches at the people who called in the contest this year? That is a hipocrit in my book.

Everytime you come on the site and post something about calling you are taking aim at guys you have never met, what a chip you have on your shoulder. I read your post history, it's not like you are without opinion and often find yourself on the wrong side of the mudhole. I just thought it would be fun to see how you reacted when someone went on the offensive.

No you are not a pleeb---in the Vagina sense. You are a pleeb, in the---I just got out of high school entering college and think I know something about the world and my voice should be heard sense!

As you and I have never met, you really cant comment on what I have done for new hunters. Let me put this on the line....I will bet my paycheck vs yours that I have spent more time with youth hunters than you have or will. I have volunteered more time in the name of conservation than you have or will, I have donated more to sportsmans groups than you have or will, I have donated more waterfowl gear to new hunters than you have or will. Those who have spent time with me know exactly where my heart is........they also know you show your *** and youth everytime you comment on subjects above your pay grade.

Don't kick a sleeping bear,,,,,,,,you might not like what you get in return. If you want to keep it at this level, you will find I am more than game to spar with.
KHerbst
hunter

Postby Medis » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Ok boss, be as it will. I do not want to wake a sleeping bear. For anyone else, the offer is still there.
I hope when I am pushing 50 I am getting into arguments with lesser human beings on an internet site, striving to make my importance known. Congratulations on stooping to my pathetic level and making yourself look just as immature as I am. Hey, maybe this will bring attention to your business. I just ordered a call last week, it sounds great. Thank you.

Peace out.

GMR
Medis
hunter

Postby KHerbst » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 am

You are right..............I am too old for this! No quite pushing 50, but hope to still have the energy to get out and marsh stomp when I do. Let's hope the knees hold up that long, I hear once over 45 that is the first thing to go.

Thank you for the purchase! If you were closer I would invite you over for a beer and fowl talk. :thumbsup:

KLH
KHerbst
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting