is there a diffrance?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

is there a diffrance?

Postby Tiburon5 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

i would love to know what you all think so others and i, mostly i, do not overstep what is socialy correct on NM's forum.

Is there a diffrance between ciber scouting and research on a specific bird?

i pursinaly think that relying on the forum over scouting to find your hunting grounds is over the line. not to mention it takes the "Hunt" out of hunting. i would elaborate more but, what i think is not the point at the moment. that all sed. i do think there is a diffrance from that and doing research. research such as, what call you think is best, decoy setup, preferred habitat, ect. along with all that other sources should be used, such as scouting and expiramenting in the marsh with your decoys and call, ect. agin its not about what i think at the moument.

any one have thoughts on the matter? especially from thoughs who have been hear , on the forum, for multipul years.
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Re: is there a diffrance?

Postby Dirt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:12 am

Research is fine regarding what you say: decoy setups, calls, habitat and such. Places to hunt by asking straight up is a negative. You gotta be a little sly if yer gonna do that. Numeral uno on the sly techniques is throwing out the KID card. If the whole kid thing dont work out you just gotta make people feel sorry for you. Both of those tactics will work. Most likely those giving up locations will do so via PM's. You may get lucky and get some info from someone who is gonna be moving out of state or doesnt live here anymore and doesnt care. Your best bet is to befriend someone. Get em to go hunt with you and divulge places to hunt. Then you can take all your buddies out to their spot and your buds can take their buds to your spot. It's happened to everybody at one point or another.
Face it, the state is drying up, it is now COOL to duck hunt like they do on tv. Waterfowler numbers are on the rise in NM with less places to hunt. The game/fish dept. is broke and could care less about birdies and habitat management.

So please........just take up golf.

Work on your spelling too. I had to read your post three times before I could get an understanding of what you were getting at.
I hope that answers your question.

Sincerely,

THE Elitist!!!
Dirt
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:47 pm

i do not care where any one's spots are. Mainly because if it your spot your probably going to be there when i can go out. Second if it is on public land, you can almost bet us die hard hunters will unknowingly stumble upon each other’s spots at some point. If it is on privet, still not interested because i don’t want to deal with land owners this season, and scouting is at least half the fun.

Golf? Really? Why would i do that? Something about that sport makes my skin crawl, no offence. May be it has something to do with all the geese and no way to get them. No I am afraid I was born a hunter, and will die a hunter. It started with bug hunting as soon as I could crawl. ;)

Sorry about the spelling. I consider my self pretty smart, one of the smarter students at my school, but spelling in my weekest point. i work on it every day
Last edited by Tiburon5 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:49 pm

If I ain't shooting ducks and you are, I'll straight up ask you for the exact location of your spot. If you are dumb enough to give out that info straight on the forum for everyone to see, then that's on you. So with that said, anyone got any good spots they want to share? :beer:
Last edited by cyber_scouter on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby Gamecock16 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:27 pm

It is a duck hunting forum, but ducks are never the topic. Grown men taking shots at each other via the internet.
Gamecock16
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 pm

I don't see what the problem is. It is ok to utilize technology to improve everything you do in life, but when someone uses technology to find hunting locations that might produce some meat on the table, it is frowned upon by the community here. Personally, I think if you post anything on here, it is to share with everyone in the world. Don't cry because someone found "your spot" because you posted here and just wanted to share your pics or story, but not the location of the spot. If you want people to stay out of your honey hole, don't post anything here. I will straight up tell everyone on here that I am going to look for posts throughout the year just to find good spots. If you don't want to share your spot with me, then don't post. Oh yeah, you can try the old "take a pic of a limit of greenheads hanging on the Bernardo sign so he thinks that is where all the action is" but I'm not falling for that one. There is an old saying "Work smart, not hard."
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:46 am

If it is on public land dose it really matter? Do you any of you really think that a honey hole on public land can stay hidden. No. anyone who has been here for a season can tell you where good hunting is. Would you disagree cyber? As far as privet land goes... that takes work even if you know every detail about the spot and the owner. I hunt deer on privet land; the hardest part of the hunt is diffidently talking to the owner. Cyber dose have a point. If you don’t want to revile what is going to be found don’t say it to the form. But you half to admit when there is multiple posts a week looking for spots it gets old. So where do you draw the line, from looking for spots and harassing the forum. (Not an attack on cyber)

Taking shots? It is just something to debate. Do you really want to listen to the same post every day such as… shot 2 green heads, 2 teal, wigeon, and a pintail. That is good to hear, but other topics that are related are fine. What would you like to talk about in-between the hunt reports, that does not get repetitive?

Old saying “if it is not broke fix it tell it is” :thumbsup:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:41 pm

alright lets talk about something new.... How about how much dumber we all feel when we have to read something tiburon posts. I say tiburon, we help you learn how to spell. Put up a post once a week where you are hunting (since you don't seem to get anyones point about not sharing information) and we will try and figure out where it is. We don't need to try and look at backgrounds of pics to figure out where you are hunting, but instead we will try and read a sentence of where you went. Since your sentences look something like this.... I want dhuck hunttingg toodaay at luh jeyaa and smacks sum blu heds and bois it wus a gret dey! Dux wer evrywere! This might be fun.... Would keep our conversation off spots, with time you would learn, and hey it would all give us something to talk about. Look forward to the posts, lets keep the raggin going on this website.... It's all it's good for. People will dog the dog trainers, or the call makers, or the "master hunters" will impose the right way to kill ducks in this sate. Everyone has their own way of doing things, so lets all keep that in mind and good luck to all of the nm duck hunters out there this year.
flashman252
hunter

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:48 pm

I've learned more the last 30 years from the people that run the places, than anyone of my hunting buddies could ever tell me. The people that , enforce the laws, build the levys, mow the grass, thin the bosque, watch the birds are all invaluable resources when trying to find an area to hunt. I know it sounds like a broken record, but you cant beat time in the field. But when I go in the off season, I dont look for animals, I look for people. These are the guys that hunt during the week and don't have to mess with us weekend muddlers like us. Give me an old retired guy, with 3 old deeks an old gun and a scruffy old dog and thats the guy I'll talk to after the hunt. :thumbsup: And dude try the spell check your giving me a headache :hammer:
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Postby flashman252 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm

great post chewyduck. And lets take it easy on tiburon, he's starting to get mad and send nasty pms wishing blindness on us high school dropouts (you know because that makes sense since we all spell just fine). I guess high school these days aint worth a hoot and he's the smartest in his class and still can't spell. Way to go new mexico public schools. Guess that's all for this college student, I'm out and done with this mess. Good luck to all of you nm duck hunters this yr.
flashman252
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:30 am

You are right NM high schools are not worth a hoot ;). Good thing I have only been hear a year.

Spelling is hard. It’s like they say "I before e except after c and when sounding like a as in neighbor and weigh, and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May, and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say!"
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 am

Tiburon5 wrote:
Spelling is hard.

No, it isn't. I learned to do it in the first grade.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting