ENOUGH DRAMA!!! BACK TO HUNTING!!! YOUTH WEEKEND

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

ENOUGH DRAMA!!! BACK TO HUNTING!!! YOUTH WEEKEND

Postby blonco10 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:09 pm

If this is what are kids have to look forward to about waterfowl is drama the sport will never ever be the same.

We went out this morning for the first of two days of the youth hunt. Being that they shot 3 birds and shot a whole heck of alot and had fun its not about the numbers. I try to teach them now is the time to learn how to handle your gun really well,how to set up, and how to shoot at the birds and when to shoot. When they get older then if they want it could be about numbers and numbers of band's or whatever hahahahahaha...................

We will be out in the morning again and see what happens.

Hope other youth are having a blast cause my kids did. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

One more thing::::::: THE ELK WERE SCREAMIN'
PATO POUNDER
blonco10
hunter

Re: ENOUGH DRAMA!!! BACK TO HUNTING!!! YOUTH WEEKEND

Postby vlb » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:17 pm

That great, those kids , didn't get cold did they?
vlb
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:39 pm

blonco10 wrote: had fun its not about the numbers.

:clapping: :bow: :clapping: :bow: :clapping: :bow: :clapping: :bow: :clapping:

Good to hear! I defiantly love to see a good plan come together, more than one bird from the plan is a bones. I was told by my grandfather, out fishing, “you’re not fishing for trout your fishing for memories”. Do us all a favor and shoot some down with your kids. Good luck. :thumbsup:
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby blonco10 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:58 pm

We went back out this evining only cause the girls wanted to sleep in this morn. So we took advantage of the morn. And went to church. They killed 1 more a peice. 2 gadwalls. So official count 5. 2 widgeon and 3 gadwall. No vlb they were not cold infact when we were pickin up deeks she crossed the river barefooted.
PATO POUNDER
blonco10
hunter

Postby aggiehunter » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:37 am

haha first time she crossed like that justin and i both stared at her then at ourselves. as we both had waders on and she never thought twice about getting in it either! she is a beast! haha must come from your side eh.. glad they had fun and they got some more the second trip out! she may need to steal your waders tho bud if she hunts late season haha
:beer:
Twitch
aggiehunter
hunter

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm

I got a kid like that to. They don't think twice. My son Jonny shot his first Canadian last year and it sailed accross on him. We saw where it went down , but it must have ran. Because Chewy could'nt find it. The next thing I know he is in his skivvies swimming across the river. I fell over laughing. I even took some video. The bummer was after looking for it for an hour he still didn't find it. He was so pissed and shaking. An hour later he warmed up and here it came floating down the river for the dog to get. It must have tried to swim back across and then died.
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting