Ducks

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Ducks

Postby Gamecock16 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:29 pm

I am tired of recieving hunting pictures from my friends back in Colorado. I want to get out there and try my luck. I am really trying to buckle down in my classes so I can make it out next weekend. I have tests so wont be able to make it out for the opener. Hopefully I can make it up north to do some scouting this weekend and hunt next weekend. I have seen a few birds around the Las Cruces area, havnt had time to check the water level in the river. Over dove season I was down by the rio and it looked pretty low.
on another note....Just wondering if anyone on here has killed a coyote with a shotgun. I will be the first to tell you it was pure luck but a buddy and I were sitting down on the side of a stock tank waiting for the evening flight of dove. We had been sitting down for about twenty minutes and I look over and see a coyote about 30 yards away. I stood up and took a shot. Il have to post some pictures, but it is my first ever coyote and I had 8 shot in the gun.I was blowing on the duck call and when i saw him he was runnin up on us pretty good. I would like some of that luck when it comes to the ducks this year.

Good luck to everyone
gamecock16
Gamecock16
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting