newby

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

newby

Postby DwainV » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:30 pm

hello everyone i am located in Dexter im looking for someone who hunts geese? I have never hunted them but would love to learn. having trouble finding someone who will show me the ropes if you know someone or somewhere i could get started can you pls send me a PM
thanks Dwain
DwainV
Newb

Re: newby

Postby StevenL » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Hello! And welcome to the forum, Dwain.
The Dexter area is a great place to hunt any waterfowl species, especially with all the farms around. I used to live in Roswell and began hunting ducks and geese before I had a driver’s license. You ought to hang out at a feed store and talk to any of the patrons who come in. Ask them about places to hunt and who to talk to about hunting on their property, especially if the Pecos River is anywhere near. Then too, lots of farmers and ranchers down there have large reservoirs used for irrigation and livestock. Establish a polite and respectful relationship with those folks and I’ll bet dollars to donut holes most of them will give you a chance to hunt their property. Don’t ever be discouraged by a decline because more than likely that persons’ trust has been disrespected or abused in the past. And when you do get permission from anyone, always be sure to make sincere thanks for their time and trust, and always give back something in return.
StevenL
hunter

Re: newby

Postby DwainV » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 am

will do thank you sir.
DwainV
Newb

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting