Got my First!!!

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Got my First!!!

Postby cmm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Sunday morning I finally shot my first red head! I am super excited! 2 ducks I spotted way down the river looked like they were coming right for us so I gave my buddy the heads up. I quacked at them a few times and they kept coming, I pull up and take the one on the left and he shoots the one on the right! I guess by fate or luck I happened to be on the left so maybe it was meant to be haha. Just thought I'd share with you all, best wishes on everyone's season.
cmm
hunter

Re: Got my First!!!

Postby Luvduckhnting » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Congratulations. I am actually hoping to shoot my first duck this year. I have been wanting to go duck hunting for years and I think this might be the year. Any ideas where to go in nm.
Luvduckhnting
Newb

Postby cmm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:17 pm

your best bet is to get the proclamation and check that out. it will tell you all legal places to hunt here
cmm
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Sweet. A nice mature drake RH is one of the top birds I want on my wall, but I think moving from MI to NM might have hurt my chances for that a bit. Even when I was living in MI I only ever shot a handful of RH's.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby cmm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:09 pm

ya it was pretty duck.. check it out..
Attachments
duck.jpg
cmm
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting