Crain stand by tag?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Crain stand by tag?

Postby Tiburon5 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:01 pm

I put in for the youth hunt down for banardo, and casa Colorado, and did not draw for the hunt :crying: . I heard today that you can get a standby tag for that kind of hunt? Kind of a void tag that you get validated by the supervising fish and game officer if someone, that did draw, does not show up for the hunt. then you can take their spot :huh: ?

That is what I heard… not Shure I believe it. Have any of you herd of such a thing, and if so how do I go about getting one of the stand by tags?
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Re: Crain stand by tag?

Postby StevenL » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Tiburon:
I believe your best source of information and confirmation is the NMDGF. Call the Albuquerque office and inquire.
I sure don’t know about Crane.
But for geese, I’m guessing here, but let’s say 4 people applied on the same form and all of them were successful in drawing a tag for the special youth hunt. They made plans to go as a group. Then let’s say on the day of the hunt one of them can’t make it. You might luck out in a case like that but you’ll have to be present at check-in time. It could turn out to be a wasted trip or it could be wonderful.
StevenL
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 pm

i did call today they said there was not any thing like that for the crain hunt :crying:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 am

It's spelled CRANE :biggrin:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Tiburon5 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:31 pm

you have never hunted crane from a crain? that is to bad. :no: geting lifted up to them is the funnest way to do it :yes: . they are always shocked to see it happon. :thumbsup: it is also the most likely way to get a crane tripple :grooving:

clearly jking :tongue:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby cjc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:49 am

Tiburon5 wrote:you have never hunted crane from a crain? that is to bad. :no: geting lifted up to them is the funnest way to do it :yes: . they are always shocked to see it happon. :thumbsup: it is also the most likely way to get a crane tripple :grooving:

clearly jking :tongue:

Actually, the crane that lifts you up is still spelled like the bird. CRANE.
cjc
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 am

DAMN YOU HOMOGRAPHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....... :violin:

now i am sad
Tiburon5
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting