weekend results?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

weekend results?

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Only 3 more papers to wright for school. Looks like i might make it out for the evening hunt Sunday :grooving: . How has people’s weekend hunts gone thus far?
Last edited by Tiburon5 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Re: weekend results?

Postby cjc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 pm

If the grammar in your papers are anything like your posts, you are going to have to repeat a few classes. I actually look forward to visiting DHC now just to try to encrypt what you post. For some reason, the more beers I have in me, the easier it gets to understand you. Suggestion to all......drink a 6 pack before turning on the computer.
cjc
hunter

Postby Escopeton » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow, I believe basic grammer was taught in our schools. I wonder what conversation would be like talking to someone like that.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 pm

@cjc
I typed and posted in 3 seconds, back off. Have i wronged you in any way, i don’t think so. Seriously if reading what i say is the highlight of your day you are one pathetic S.O.B. why do you even think you need to make a comment like that. Maybe if you were not such an alcoholic you would not be such an ass, to a kid who just likes to hunt, in front of every one that fallows the forum. Do you really think you are better than me? :no: when I am more than 100x more successful than your kids/ grandkids remind me not to hire them.

Regardless of that my spelling has nothing to do with duck hunting. :offtopic:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby StevenL » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:01 am

Yesterday I made plans to hunt PB this morning but changed the plan when my clock radio started blasting its obnoxious series of beeps at 4:30 am. I went this afternoon instead but have to admit being skunked by the ducks. In fact, there weren’t any ducks to be seen in any of the usual places nor were there any ducks flying until well after sunset. By then making positive identification before shooting was impossible for me and even if it were, I was certain I would not be able to retrieve any bird that could be shot down.
I did, however, go prepared for fishing after dark. And that was good because I caught and released a 20-inch Channel Catfish at 20 minutes before 7. At 8:16 I got a vicious strike that bent my fishing rod like it was the main item in a Shakespeare “Ugly Stick” commercial. The fish was ON for a few seconds and I had just enough fighting time to know it wasn’t a Catfish before the crappy cinch knot at the terminal end unwound. The bitter end of the leader was curly instead of broken clean or sliced off. I’m thinking it was a Northern Pike because of the violent hit, the hard run across the river and back, and because I’ve caught several Pike on that small stretch of the Rio.
Oh well, that was my day . . .skunked by the ducks, blessed by the fish.
StevenL
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks for the report :biggrin: sad to hear the ducks where less than cooperative. Northern pike are truly fascinating fish though. The stories we could share on them may never end :beer: . Since i moved to nm they have become my primary fish target. :sniper:
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby Gamecock16 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Got out Saturday for the first time this season. Was not expecting to see much but wanted to go anyway. I saw most flights before shooting hours but there was still some flying. Nice flocks of teal but they were not giving me a look. Had some woodducks buzz the dekes and one cuped up. It was a hen wooduck, I had never shot a wooduck before so it was pretty cool. Managed to get two more green heads and a hen. I hunted all the way till 1 and called it good. Im new to the forum so I will add the pics when I figure out how. I would say there are a few migraters, but mostly locals still.
Gamecock16
hunter

Postby sdrodriquez1049 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:01 am

Weekend sucked for me PB sucked bad way to many hunters counted 10 ppl on that small stretch. The birds stayed high wouldnt come done. Did some air blasting and gave up. Checked out some spots down south built 2 blinds saw bout 100 cranes and bout 40 ducks but didnt shoot any was to busy building my blinds
sdrodriquez1049
hunter

Postby duckahlr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

I hope they are in a great spot for when the river comes back up..
duckahlr
hunter

Postby Clueless123 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post. Just wanted to know if anyone has gone to La Joya WMA on Saturday or this week at all, and why was there no water there yet? Went with some friends, and we were disappointed to find out there was no water filled and no ducks flying at all. Anyone have an update? Calling WMA was no help at all.
Clueless123
Newb

Postby StevenL » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Clueless123 wrote:Hi everyone. This is my first post. Just wanted to know if anyone has gone to La Joya WMA on Saturday or this week at all, and why was there no water there yet? Went with some friends, and we were disappointed to find out there was no water filled and no ducks flying at all. Anyone have an update? Calling WMA was no help at all.

Usually, the water valves at the WMA's aren't even opened until sometime around the end of October. Chances are it has started but even so it's not like the wetlands are ever filled real quick. Flow rates in the Rio Grande below Cochiti have only recently been bumped up to 550 cfs after nearly a month of running below 350 cfs and 250 cfs the month before. Most of this, I think, has everything to do with the recent drought and the Las Conchas fire. But now's a great time to get out there (the WMA's) and do some scouting.
None of the WMA's however, are anything like they used to be 20-30 years ago.
StevenL
hunter

Postby cjc » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Tiburon5 wrote:@cjc
I typed and posted in 3 seconds, back off. Have i wronged you in any way, i don’t think so. Seriously if reading what i say is the highlight of your day you are one pathetic S.O.B. why do you even think you need to make a comment like that. Maybe if you were not such an alcoholic you would not be such an ass, to a kid who just likes to hunt, in front of every one that fallows the forum. Do you really think you are better than me? :no: when I am more than 100x more successful than your kids/ grandkids remind me not to hire them.

Regardless of that my spelling has nothing to do with duck hunting. :offtopic:

Dang! Everyone takes a shot at your grammar but the one time I do it I get a nasty response. There was no offense intended. Hope your season goes well after school stops getting in the way.
cjc
hunter

Postby Tiburon5 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

cjc wrote:Hope your season goes well after school stops getting in the way.

I was "sick", and unable to go to class, on the 1st to put the :hammer: on some cranes. I limited in 45- 50 min and 15 shells. :thumbsup: 2 of those where at a pair of pintail though, and one as a curtsy shot on a crane. I thought it would be nicer than tackling him just to improve my stats by a shell.

Does anyone know if there is a banding program for lesser Sandhill crane?
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby Gabe1Davis » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 am

well this weekend I did really well. hunted with 4 other guys and shot a mix of 18 drake and hen mallards. we could only recover 15 though, 3 went down in really thick cover and the dog couldnt ever find them.
Attachments
Photo183.jpg
professional redneck.
Gabe1Davis
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting