New to duck hunting? Post here!

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Re: New to duck hunting? Post here!

Postby sdrodriquez1049 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 am

How are you going to shoot 8 birds when yer shotgun is supposed to be plugged which would only let you have 6 total shots? And you jumped birds so they would be flying away with no chance to thow in,an extra shell??? And the river flow has not changed since last monty wow what a waste of birds....
sdrodriquez1049
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 am

sdrodriquez1049 wrote:How are you going to shoot 8 birds when yer shotgun is supposed to be plugged which would only let you have 6 total shots? And you jumped birds so they would be flying away with no chance to thow in,an extra shell??? And the river flow has not changed since last monty wow what a waste of birds....

You've never shot 2 birds with one shot? I did it twice yesterday. Depending on where you're hunting you can still get across the river, but the current has picked up substantially from where it was in October. If he legitimately tried to retrieve them and couldn't there is no foul on his part. If he shot them and just said "oh, the current is too fast/water is too deep I'm not even going to try" that's a different story.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby radoutdoors » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:47 pm

The hunting has been good thus far, I am New to New Mexico myself. As far as a call try a few, and make sure you put a top on your blind. I have a buddy with a super nice but and avery blind, after 1st season we put on a top and nice and day difference. Biggest thing is to hide movement. Good luck!
radoutdoors
Newb

Postby DCL » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Hey, so whats everyone's duck count for the year?? Oh and how many decoys should I be using a dozen? More? please reply with your thoughts!
DCL
hunter

Postby sdrodriquez1049 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

My count is at 40 but I only recovered 10 of them,the water was to deep and to muddy and the mud was to deep and tge water was too cold and my dog didnt want to retreive the birds he was to busy chasing butter flies....... Man I feel so bad I tried to go downstream to get them but the current was to fast....... You need about 150 decoys to get any real results and about 10 duck calls and about 100 shells ohh and a blind'........ So start working sone over time dominic so you can buy some deeks. so does this mean you are going to buy yer own gear so you wont have to bum off my gear? :yes: :yes: ?? Hahaha :hammer: ha :hammer:
sdrodriquez1049
hunter

Postby DCL » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:31 pm

So hows everyones hunts gone so far??? anyone hunt Bernardo? or La Joya?
DCL
hunter

Previous

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting