protos working

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

protos working

Postby randy marci » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:19 pm

i am currently in the prototype phase of a new silohouette decoy. been using them regularly mixed in with full curl floaters and some eberhart fullbodies. today was a pack in day as everyone else seems to be a little slow. i knew a spot that may hold a few ducks but it was gonna be a hike. set out 2 dozen silos and 5 fullbodies. hammered them. 2 guys for 10 mallard and 1 wigeon by 7:30. ducks responded to the call today better than i have seen all season. gonna rest it a couple days and sneak back in there sunday. so far these things have held up great to my abuse. hopefully by this time next year there will be a new decoy manufacturer located right here in New Mexico. i have photos from in the field but will not post them here. so here's a hero shot on the lawn. hope y'all have a good turkey day. i will be somewhere in the morning for a little while before stuffing myself full of thanksgiving dinner.

this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Re: protos working

Postby duckahlr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

I ordered 5 dozen ducks and 5 dozen honkers.....do you accept IOU's?
duckahlr
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting