Middle Rio Freaked Out Ducks

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

Middle Rio Freaked Out Ducks

Postby civillobo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:59 pm

I have been having fun in this area the last few weeks. I used to hunt from Los Lunas to South Belen often from 1996 to 2002 and got pretty good at luring and shooting mostly mallards. I noticed that the ducks we have seen are skittish and barely glance at my set up. I have not seen many green heads, teal, or othe cool ducks, alot of gadwall or widgeon??? I hope more ducks are on the way. Has anyone shot any pintails in the area this season? Times have changed and seems like alot more hunters, but still is fun to get out there. Go Lobos!
civillobo
Newb

Re: Middle Rio Freaked Out Ducks

Postby ufducks7 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Ya we have been shooting a lot of birds mostly greenheads, and a good variety of other species, a few pins, widgeon, gads, and a few divers. Just the other morning we had 3 full limits in 4 hours! I run a small guide service (Up Front Duck Hunts) we do duck hunts, light geese, and dark geese hunts. Contact me if you are interested!
DD
ufducks7
hunter

Re: Middle Rio Freaked Out Ducks

Postby civillobo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Glad to hear you have seen and shot some Pintails. I think there will be more on the way. I try and not pull the trigger on shovelers! That freaking gross bill with that plankton sifter mounted on the front freaks me right out. Ha.
civillobo
Newb

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting