got my key

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

got my key

Postby randy marci » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:59 pm

went down to belen this morning and got my key. then i decided to put it to use and went for a drive. wow! if what i saw today is any indicator of what to expect during the season, i am gonna like this place. it was real cool sneaking thru the woods and up to the bank to find a hundred mallards asleep on a sandbar. then i looked down the way and there is someones blind. complete with leftover mallard feathers and all. the only dislike was the fact that some people don't respect the area and some places are littered with trash. i guess i can do my part by packing out what i pack in. to those of you reading this thinkin "great another river hunter", don't leave your empties laying all around. it gives me a great idea of where to start :mrgreen: anyone who wants to do some scoutin but doesn't have a key can reach me at 892-9648. :salude:
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby ghostingrey » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:09 pm

Hey Randy,
Glad to hear you got a key already. Not wasting any time are ya. There are definitely some good #'s of ducks down around Belen. I was down at Bernardo for the last day of light goose season and we went for a cruise south of US 60. We must have seen at least 200 ducks in an hour or so. Can't wait for the season to get started again.
I sympathize with you on the trash. It seems to be a serious problem around here. I spend almost every weekend fly fishing the Pecos in the summer and you can't even imagine what I've seen next to the river. I wish it was just empties. I try to pick up a little bit of tr5ash every time i go out.
Once turkey season is over I"d be down to go scout a bit with ya but I'm afraid i got the gobbler fever right now.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby randy marci » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:08 pm

no time like the present to scout :mrgreen: let me know when the gobblin is done and we'll take a cruise. my next stop is gonna be up your way near pena blanca.
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby Escopeton » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:32 am

Hey Randi:

You didn't waste any time getting your key! Since they started requiring the use of keys to get into the bosque the amount of trash has gone down. You should have seen it when it was open for all. Vehicles were taken down there to be stripped, commerical dumping, garbage. Unfortunately, there are a few that still manage to dump junk down in the bosque. Now, the hunting pressure is less but you will still find a few hunters down in the river. Anyway, good for you and see you in the bosque. Thomas.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting