I'm an idiot

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

I'm an idiot

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 pm

We've hunted this spot all year , have never seen anybody there in 2 years. So we're hunting and Chewy cuts his foot bad. The powder doesnt even come close to stopping the bleeding. So we pack up the deeks but cant carry them out, because we have to carry the dog. (and he's way to fat :rolleyes: ) anyway we throw 2 bags of mallards and a bag of canadian shells in the bushes and hide them. Go back to hunt today and sure enough the surveyors were out taging trees and the dekes are gone. :mad: I should have gone back that day, but you know, they'll be there tomorrow. Lesson learned, cant trust anybody.

But Chewys fine and got a couple stiches
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Re: I'm an idiot

Postby Tiburon5 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:26 pm

better the deeks get lost over the dog.
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 am

You call yourself an idiot but I don't think it's that bad. I know this guy who owed an outfitter business that helped him to feed his family. He did some illegal stuff and posted it on the internet and probably will go out of business for it. He takes the cake. :beer:
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby StevenL » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Injury to a dog's paw(s) is a serious problem. You did right for the dog without a blink. I do hope your dog makes a full recovery and I hope the new owner of your decoys has the worst of luck forever.
StevenL
hunter

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 pm

The dog doesn't have a web foot any more :smile: Chewy will still be a little slower but he's doing fine. Bought the new deeks today for the last few weeks. Dam,!! deeks have gotten pricey :no: anyway, hunting is to much fun and i'll take it as it comes, such is life. It can be fat fastballs up the middle, all the time!!! :grooving: We still got 2 canadians to kill to get our limit, so we'll keep on truckin!!!! :hi:
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Postby vlb » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm

I hope for your dogs sake it never happens again. But i have found that the powder plus clean azz wipe does help stop the bleeding.
vlb
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting