The Butte Gives up a band

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

The Butte Gives up a band

Postby troutbum43 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:13 am

Pretty cool, I didn't expect the bird to be banded on a golf course though!
Attachments
cert.JPG
cert.JPG (25.27 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Conserve, promote, protect and enhance...then harvest!
troutbum43
hunter

Re: The Butte Gives up a band

Postby randy marci » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:24 am

Nice!......to the butte boys! :yes:

Just kidding man. just so you know, they band down there at that golf course quite a bit. i have shot a wigeon and mallard banded there also.
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby troutbum43 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Makes a lot of sense, you sure don't get much "roll" on the fairways during the winter with all the wigeon pooping all over it! :yes:
troutbum43
hunter

Postby duckahlr » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:47 pm

I've seen some pics of them banding on that course. Almost every duck I've seen there is widgeon. Congrats.
duckahlr
hunter

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

We shot a female Canadian out of Colorado this year. Last year we took a snow from yellowknife canada. His wings must have been tired :lol3:
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:05 pm

CHEWYDUCK wrote:We shot a female Canadian out of Colorado this year. Last year we took a snow from yellowknife canada. His wings must have been tired :lol3:

Off topic or...WHAT!!! :lol:
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby HBA9455 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Troutbum43 did that bird happen to be banded on 02/05/10? I couldnt exactly make out the date from your picture. My reason for asking is I too shot a banded drake wigeon from the New Mexico Institute of Mining Golf Course that was banded on 02/05/10. Only difference is I killed mine in Tyrell County, North Carolina. Guess he got off course at some point in his migration. If so its pretty wild to think both of those birds were together at one point and ended up that far apart. Congrats on the band!
HBA9455
Newb

Postby troutbum43 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 am

HBA9455 wrote:Troutbum43 did that bird happen to be banded on 02/05/10? I couldnt exactly make out the date from your picture. My reason for asking is I too shot a banded drake wigeon from the New Mexico Institute of Mining Golf Course that was banded on 02/05/10. Only difference is I killed mine in Tyrell County, North Carolina. Guess he got off course at some point in his migration. If so its pretty wild to think both of those birds were together at one point and ended up that far apart. Congrats on the band!

By gosh he was! I'll be dammed how about that! Wow yeah that is crazy since I shot him about about 60 miles from where he was banded. Very cool man, thanks for sharing that! :beer:
troutbum43
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting