Our Last Day

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Our Last Day

Postby Tiburon5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:44 pm

We went out Saturday for our last duck hunt for the season. It started ruff, while building up our blind my dad stabbed himself in the eye with one of the bushes. When he jerked away it ripped his glasses off and into the lake. After feeling around the freezing water for ½ hour we gave up. Luckily he still had his old pair in the truck, but it was a long walk back to the truck for me to get them (he stayed behind to finish setting up). We cut it close to opening time, with me getting back 5min to opening and finish setting right as it opened. It then started to improve. As we both shot birds before 3 min. into the hunt. In the end we both limited on ducks.
Me) 2 Drake gadwall, 2 drake shoveler (one had rice breast), a hen pintail (had my first band on its leg) and a drake pintail (going to the taxi). 3 Ross and 2 snow as well
Dad) 2 Drake Gadwall, 1 Drake pintail, 1 hen shoveler (had rice breast) a drake green head, and a green wing teal. 1 Ross 2 snows as well. (Not bad for shooting half blind)

The band info was not in their data base. They said it is most likely because they have not received the data from the bander yet. Sooooo How long does it take for the bander to get the info in? It was a juvenile hen clearly banded recently, so I am sure the data is not mind blowing but I am still dyeing to know.
Summery: 2 limits, first band, bird to the taxi, memories money cannot buy. Yep it was the best hunt of the year for me. (This is 2 years in a row I have gotten my taxi duck on the last day of the year)
Salad... it's what food eats.
Tiburon5
hunter

Re: Our Last Day

Postby ufducks7 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Sounds like a nice end to the year! glad to hear Tiburon5!
DD
ufducks7
hunter

Re: Our Last Day

Postby jayclarkie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm

definitely a more productive and rewarding last day than mine! big ups! :beer:
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting