Gov Gary Johnson

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Gov Gary Johnson

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey guys....I'm a CA boy, but have been reading a little about this guy. Sounds pretty radical on one hand and pretty sensible on the other. What do you guys that live in NM think of him and how he's done the last 8 years?
Thanks
Glimmerjim
hunter

Re: Gov Gary Johnson

Postby Dirt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:15 pm

He was a good governor. The media ignores him prolly cuz he makes too much sense. Doesn't really matter at this point. We are just along for the ride.
Dirt
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Dirt wrote:He was a good governor. The media ignores him prolly cuz he makes too much sense. Doesn't really matter at this point. We are just along for the ride.

That's what I've heard, that he was a very good Gov. Just a little unsellable I think because what I've seen he's a pretty honest guy! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 am

I'll touch base on this topic since he is still a candidate. I'm not from NM origionally and he may have been a good Gov., but he won't get my vote since he is pro-choice for abortion, he supports the gays getting married, and he said he doesn't believe Iran is a threat. :fingerhead:
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby StevenL » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Glimmerjim:
Sure, he is “pro-choice” on abortion but he doesn’t believe it should be funded by our tax dollars. And it’s true he would support “Gay Marriage” but he doesn’t believe in any sort of special treatment for those who choose that particular life-style. He also supports the de-criminalization of marijuana use and/or possession, but within positively certain limitations that do not include major distribution, importation or exportation. These are three of the controversial home-grown issues that are always raised in any major election cycle even though they are far less significant or even relevant than the business of being the chief executive of a country that is a world power.
The fact that an apparent majority of the same folks complaining about the need for changing government’s way of doing our business are also responsible for the continuous re-election of the same professional political elites who cause, create, expand, perpetuate and exacerbate just about any problems for which there often is or are much simpler solutions, clearly points to the reasons why on all counts.
StevenL
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 pm

StevenL wrote:Sure, he is “pro-choice” on abortion but he doesn’t believe it should be funded by our tax dollars. And it’s true he would support “Gay Marriage” but he doesn’t believe in any sort of special treatment for those who choose that particular life-style. He also supports the de-criminalization of marijuana use and/or possession, but within positively certain limitations that do not include major distribution, importation or exportation. These are three of the controversial home-grown issues that are always raised in any major election cycle even though they are far less significant or even relevant than the business of being the chief executive of a country that is a world power.
The fact that an apparent majority of the same folks complaining about the need for changing government’s way of doing our business are also responsible for the continuous re-election of the same professional political elites who cause, create, expand, perpetuate and exacerbate just about any problems for which there often is or are much simpler solutions, clearly points to the reasons why on all counts.

So you're going to vote for him because he supports abortion, gays, and drugs? Good choice :fingerhead:

You forgot that he doesn't believe Iran is a threat.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby ufducks7 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Actually what i believe he was saying is it is sad that people focus more on issues like this than figuring out who actually has the ability to get our economy going again and stop so much damn wasteful spending. Especially when the day to day undertakings of the US president rarely has to do with those same topics.
DD
ufducks7
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

cyber_scouter wrote:I'll touch base on this topic since he is still a candidate. I'm not from NM origionally and he may have been a good Gov., but he won't get my vote since he is pro-choice for abortion, he supports the gays getting married, and he said he doesn't believe Iran is a threat. :fingerhead:

If you look back in history, the Libertarian approach to foreign policy would not make Iran a threat. It is the current and past US foreign policy that has created our own problems for us. Where does it say in the constitution that we are supposed to be giving israel a million plus tax dollars a day? Where does the constitution say that we are supposed to waste tax dollars protecting south korea?

But I digress-

Iran is a threat for a nuke. Thank your existing two party system of dog crap for that little gift.
The Republicans are no better than the Democraps, they are both piles of crap. To think any differently is naive.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby YoungPunk23 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 am

Less Money spent on the drug war could free some up for hunting areas. More abortions, less hunters. Stoned hunters, more ducks. If gay people could get married maybe they would stay home and not do so much birding. Its all a set up anyway. i just choose to pull the wool in front of my own eyes, thank you.
YoungPunk23
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:27 am

TomKat wrote:
If you look back in history, the Libertarian approach to foreign policy would not make Iran a threat. .

Sorry sir, can't buy this BS. Iran is a threat because they are a threat and if we had a Libertarian approach, we would still be the United States and hated by many, and Iran would still be a threat. You may not like the foreign policy of republicans, but I'll tell you this, it's because you only think of yourself and you are selfish. You may not like that thousands of US troops have died in the middle east, and neither do I, but you have to think of this......Saddam has murdered millions (yes Millions) of his own country men, women, and children sorta like a modern day Hitler. We may have lost thousands of our own, but we probably saved millions of innocent Kurds and various other ethnic groups in Iraq and the middle east.

Lets not forget, we lost thousands on 9/11, and we could not turn our backs and walk away. We have delt blows to the al-quieda forces in order to prevent further attacks. But you go ahead and support the Libertarian approach which would run away with it's tail between it's legs.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 am

If you want to buy some BS, look at the debate tonight. There are two big piles lieing to each other on tv. Don't hate what you dont understand. Think outside the box for a minute, of you can.

You are so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

I guess we should go back to that ole bugaboo, the US Constitution. You know, the foundation of laws and conduct that this country was founded on?

Where does it say that my tax dollars are supposed to protect S Korea? We have been protecting them with my tax dollars for over 60 years. It has given them time to build a great competitor to the big 3 automakes. Both of my Hyundai's have over 165,000 miles and going strong. Meanwhile as a reward for making a crappy product that should have put them out of business, the president gives Gm and Chrysler billions of my tax dollars. I wish I could open a small business, fail, and then get saved by the government.

Why do we serve as the unpaid police force of the world? Why do we still pay to be in Germany, in Japan, etc???

Our US foreign policy created the entire mess in the middle east. Did you know that we have given Israel a million bucks a day for the last 50 years? Where does it say my tax dollars should do that in the constitution?

WE trained Saddam Huessin. WE proped up the Shah of Iran. WE trained Manual Noreaga. WE sent 50,000 men to die in Viet Nam. WE bomb Lybia, and mess around in a hundred places we have no business. This is madness. Why should we pay tax dollars to destroy a country and more tax dollars to rebuild their infrastructure when our own is in terrible shape? Answer that for me will you??????????????????????

I think of myself? You bet I do, when we have a 14 trillion debt I also think of your kids, which you dont seem to care about. And I am selfish? :fingerhead:

Your crappy foreign policy does not see fit to secure our own borders. It creates a war on drugs that one trillion dollars later is a total and utter failure. I want my money back.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby quackadikt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 am

I guess we should go back to that ole bugaboo, the US Constitution. You know, the foundation of laws and conduct that this country was founded on?

That's just crazy talk...why would we want to do that?

Where does it say that my tax dollars are supposed to protect S Korea?

I haven't seen that in there anywhere either.

Why do we serve as the unpaid police force of the world? Why do we still pay to be in Germany, in Japan, etc???

There's another good question

Why should we pay tax dollars to destroy a country and more tax dollars to rebuild their infrastructure when our own is in terrible shape? Answer that for me will you??????????????????????

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that nobody can.

I think of myself? You bet I do, when we have a 14 trillion debt I also think of your kids, which you dont seem to care about. And I am selfish?

No, you're not selfish, you just think that America should take care of itself before anyone else. There's more of that crazy talk.

Your crappy foreign policy does not see fit to secure our own borders. It creates a war on drugs that one trillion dollars later is a total and utter failure. I want my money back.

Me too.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting