would like a duck hunting partner!!

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

would like a duck hunting partner!!

Postby GuNn3r101 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 pm

im looking for a duck hunting partner for the year 2012-2013 because its just me an my dogs(2) an it gets boring i have decoys boat blind would like to go to new mexico the place is called Bosque delapache N.W.R. looking for someone who would like to go also an help share for driving expenses if have decoy more welcome to bring them.

Call me at 928-348-4687 or text me at- 928-432-9206 an ask for REX :smile:
GuNn3r101
Newb

Re: would like a duck hunting partner!!

Postby NickFranco » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:57 pm

i regret to inform you that bosque del apache is closed for hunting. they do have a yearly goose hunt draw but i dont apply for fear of being attacked by bird watching tree huggers (they're everywhere). i would love to hunt there it's a wet dream for most NM waterfowl hunters but its not likely you'll be able to hunt there
BLAM!...hehehe
NickFranco
hunter

Postby bandgitter91 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:20 pm

based on last years snow goose hunts and what the biologists of the park had told all of us the next season after this comming one they are planning to open a draw hunt similar to the snow goose ones for duck... lets just hope it passes and they allow quiet a few people in on them
bandgitter91
hunter

Postby Dirt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 pm

bandgitter91 wrote:based on last years snow goose hunts and what the biologists of the park had told all of us the next season after this comming one they are planning to open a draw hunt similar to the snow goose ones for duck... lets just hope it passes and they allow quiet a few people in on them

Why not this season or last or ten twenty years ago? Sure would be nice.
Dirt
hunter

Postby bandgitter91 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:44 pm

i have no idea, but they said since their snow hunts have been decreasing with the numbers taken that they were looking to increase odds by doing away with the goose hunts, but allowing hunters to shoot snows if they did fly by while duck hunting.... just dont get why it has taken them this long to figure it out.
bandgitter91
hunter

Postby troutbum43 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 am

Dirt wrote:
bandgitter91 wrote:based on last years snow goose hunts and what the biologists of the park had told all of us the next season after this comming one they are planning to open a draw hunt similar to the snow goose ones for duck... lets just hope it passes and they allow quiet a few people in on them

Why not this season or last or ten twenty years ago? Sure would be nice.

Fallout from the Fund for Animals lawsuit that shut down new hunt programs on refuges for several years. After the lawsuit was settled there are a lot more hoops refuges have to jump through to open a hunt...Environmental Impact Review, NEPA, public comment, then has to be approved by Congress during the CFR approval period which is once a year before a hunt can be implemented. Now a multi year process.
Conserve, promote, protect and enhance...then harvest!
troutbum43
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting