Valle de Oro Refuge

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Valle de Oro Refuge

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:54 am

Nice to see the US Fish & Wildlife service spending OUR Duck Stamp funds on the new urban wildlife refuge which I feel sure will have a year around water supply and BTW is unhuntable. Is the Refuge a good idea or not? According to the Albq Journal it will give city residents more access to wildlife along the Rio Grande floor. Last time I looked we have bike trails, horse trails which gives access to the Rio Gande river the largest wildlife refuge in the state, the Albuquerque City Limits which winters thousands of migratory birds from Nov-Feb
Along with the lack of water and no plans in the future to develop HUNTABLE areas this project seems to be a slap in the face of sportsman in NM who buy stamps of all types to help fund a hunting heritage we believe in. I for one would rather see the US Fish & Wildlife service place OUR funds into rebuilding Tucumcari Lake, or purchase water so La Joya refuge has water year around.
Sportsman have been funding projects like Valle de Oro for people who don't contribute anything into the conservation of wildlife and we receive nothing in return :fingerpt: except dry refuges that lack any habitat suitable for hunting.
A special thanks goes out to D-N.M. Rep Martin Heinrich :hammer: for all you do for Sportsman.
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Re: Valle de Oro Refuge

Postby vlb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:29 pm

I think the idea sucks mud. They will have all kinds of wild life free loading there. The golf greens think they have problems now, wait until the geese ,ducks, and crane start invading them in larger numbers. Do we really need more yotes and bear invading the city? How are they going to keep the insect problem down? Then where will thy get more water? Who ever thought this up , had thier heads up , where the sun don't shine. :huh:
vlb
hunter

Postby Dirt » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Amen^^
Dirt
hunter

Postby ufducks7 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Every year, farm season or hunting season alb feels they are within there rights to take more water. If they held alb to the amount of water they are legally allotted we at least wouldn't have such an issue getting water for hunting season!
DD
ufducks7
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting