MRGCD throwing money

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

MRGCD throwing money

Postby StevenL » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm

http://newmexico.watchdog.org/16333/the ... mexico-is/

I don't have anything against anyone making obscene amounts of money, but I don't believe anyone on the public payroll should be able to do what the above article is about.

On a side note: how soon may I expect notification after applying for a MRG sandhill crane hunt? The deadline for application was 3 October.
StevenL
hunter

Re: MRGCD throwing money

Postby jhend08 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Good grief thats a lot of money. I hardly ever see any of the conservancy guys on the river. I did notice last year they were doing a lot of tree removal but I couldn't figure out if they were removing salt cedar or trying to re-channelize the river. And I did notice that my key wouldn't open some of the gates.
Also, the draw results will be out the 15th.
jhend08
hunter

Postby bandgitter91 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Last year on the MRGCD it was a little of both salt cedar removal and also rechanneling to allow for shallow pools so that the stupid ass silver minnow can supposedly live. From what i have seen though when i floated the river last year it looks like those little channels will actually make for some really kick ass duck hunting holes. :grooving: Providing we ever get any water in the darn river.
bandgitter91
hunter

Postby CHEWYDUCK » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm

I thought those channels were for game movement. Those guys stole my 2 dozen duck deks and a dozen canadian shells last year. My dog got injured and I had to leave them. The next day they were gone. A nice new channel was cut right where I stashed them. :hammer: :hammer: I would like to see that dam big bull elk thats in there, found a huge shed 2 years ago.
CHEWYDUCK
hunter

Postby LosPatosDelSur » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 pm

MRGCD is an absolute joke being run the way it is. Want to waste water and make a great deal of money doing it? MRGCD is the way to go.

I wish we could get five more species of " stupid minnow" on the endangered list. Fish dont swim in sand, same as ducks dont float on it.

Endangered species + Non Native removal + Habitat protection = A little water left in the Rio to hunt over.
LosPatosDelSur
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting