Why do we hunt?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Why do we hunt?

Postby waterfowl14 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Do we hunt to get away from home, to freeze our ass off,spend hundreds on gas and shells,miss that drake pintail in the decoys, the memories of that amazing retrieve from our pup, or the meat, maybe the bands? Why do we hunt waterfowl? I think alot of people here have forgotten so i want to see why we hunt!
waterfowl14
hunter

Re: Why do we hunt?

Postby OneShot2146 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 pm

In order from 1 to 5 (for me anyway).
1. It’s FUN!!!
2. Spending time with my kids!
3. No worries (work, bills, cities)
4. Meat, I don’t need it to survive but I love it.
5. It’s FUN!!!
OneShot2146
hunter

Postby FastPine » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 am

I love guns, dogs and water. I hunt for that moment when I have called in a flock of 15 ducks, and they start to work my gear. That sound of whistling wings as i look up to see mallards dropping like rocks out of the sky trying to land in my spread. Slapping a triple out of the OU, or the honor of carrying my late fathers browning into the field, watching the purples and pinks fill the sky sitting next to my best friend(dog) as steam rises off of my hot thermos of coffee, allowing this dog to enjoy a life full of doing what he was bred to do and seeing the enthusiasm in his little face after a good morning.

I . LOVE it!!
Blasting holes in the night till she bled sunshine..
FastPine
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 am

I've been asked this question hundreds of times by friends and family, they don't get it. All the Why's, all the it's to this, or,it's to that.

My response to them is always the same " being out in nature is what I call living"
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby cyber_scouter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 pm

To get away from nagging wife and having to change diapers. I guess spending hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars every year is what that costs and is worth it.
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting