Whats the good word?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Whats the good word?

Postby duckahlr » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm

I've been out of the loop for several weeks now, waiting for my cell phone to return from Amarillo so I'm out of the phone tree. Haven't heard much from you guys. I can tell you that you are most likely killin more birds than IL and AR right now.
I've heard of a few banders but nothing reckless. Hows everyone doing so far?
duckahlr
hunter

Re: Whats the good word?

Postby ajmorell » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Had a really good day about 2 weekends ago (the 10th I think), killed 21 between 4 guys. Would've easily shot our limit if a group of guys hadn't set up 50 yards away from us, in fact their dog(s) accounted for a couple of lost birds that we killed. Since then it's been slow going, killed nothing on Thanksgiving day and didn't see much flying, last Saturday wasn't a whole lot better...managed 4 but 3 of them were Mergansers and there still wasn't much flying. Probably going to give it another try this weekend, I read on the DU migration report that guys up in CO were seeing decent numbers of birds so I'm hoping they've moved south a bit.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby nmhuntpro » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Just now getting into the honkers up North. The past few days have been hit and miss but there have been alot move in. We need a good freeze to get them off of the stock ponds.
nmhuntpro
hunter

Postby Gabe1Davis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 pm

better numbers now, but not nearly what they should be. we got our limit by 8:15 yesterday.
Attachments
downsized_1201120853_0001.jpg
professional redneck.
Gabe1Davis
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting