So you want to be an A Hole huh?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Re: So you want to be an A Hole huh?

Postby KHerbst » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 pm

ajmorell wrote:I don't think there's any denying your right to be pissed off at these guys, but honestly if you go with either option you're no better than they are. Show up there again and if it continues to happen contact the NM G&F and explain what's going on. What happened to you is hunter harassment and is a ticketable offense.

While I don't agree with the jerks who set up on him, and yet I don't agree with retaliation. I definitely disagree with going to the NM DGF, they could not give two shakes about waterfowl hunters and or violations. If they did, the officer who lives right in V county and assigned to that county would have been out issuing tickets for the last 5 years. We are a low priority group.

However what they will do is distort the situation and call for more restricted zones and closures to avoid "confrontation" with the public. Qoute from a DFG officer "Wont be long before they close the river from Bosque Farms to Belen, I wouldn't mind if they did as I am tired of hearing from people who built houses close to the river"......................Really?? Maybe he should educate the public regarding utilization of the bosque, disolve their concerns regarding the dangers of steel shot fired 1/2 mile away, and attempt to mitigate the issues real or perceived.

A few years back there was an issue with Gila Monster down at Lajoya.........officers were called to the scene but he slipped out before they could track him down. A year later when speaking with the top F&G officer at a public hearing he used that incident to call for more controls............the facts stated were completely wrong and not what appeared in the reports filed. Yet it planted a seed with everyone on the council to consider closures, limitations and more regulations.

Not sure what the answer is but I would be pleasantly suprised if it came from law enforcement.

Be well-

KLH
KHerbst
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:48 pm

KHerbst wrote:
ajmorell wrote:I don't think there's any denying your right to be pissed off at these guys, but honestly if you go with either option you're no better than they are. Show up there again and if it continues to happen contact the NM G&F and explain what's going on. What happened to you is hunter harassment and is a ticketable offense.

While I don't agree with the jerks who set up on him, and yet I don't agree with retaliation. I definitely disagree with going to the NM DGF, they could not give two shakes about waterfowl hunters and or violations. If they did, the officer who lives right in V county and assigned to that county would have been out issuing tickets for the last 5 years. We are a low priority group.

However what they will do is distort the situation and call for more restricted zones and closures to avoid "confrontation" with the public. Qoute from a DFG officer "Wont be long before they close the river from Bosque Farms to Belen, I wouldn't mind if they did as I am tired of hearing from people who built houses close to the river"......................Really?? Maybe he should educate the public regarding utilization of the bosque, disolve their concerns regarding the dangers of steel shot fired 1/2 mile away, and attempt to mitigate the issues real or perceived.

A few years back there was an issue with Gila Monster down at Lajoya.........officers were called to the scene but he slipped out before they could track him down. A year later when speaking with the top F&G officer at a public hearing he used that incident to call for more controls............the facts stated were completely wrong and not what appeared in the reports filed. Yet it planted a seed with everyone on the council to consider closures, limitations and more regulations.

Not sure what the answer is but I would be pleasantly suprised if it came from law enforcement.

Be well-

KLH

Wow. I did not realize things were that bad. Not that I've had many interactions with them but they have all been pretty positive.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby nmhuntpro » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Police yourself...or find another spot.

This state will shut Waterfowling down if we don't. They have no reason to run up/down the river all day looking for guys, when they can simply shut down (firearm) access. Most guys argue and trash the place anyway, so why wouldn't they. They don't even have a duck stamp program, so they really don't have to give into waterfowling.
nmhuntpro
hunter

Postby jrabq » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:26 pm

randy marci wrote:Kevin, people here have absolutely no idea how good it truly is here vs other states. I would be willing to bet that if a guy had to hunt all 50 states on PUBLIC LAND, well 49 without hawaii, NM would fall in the top 5....even with the number of A-holes we encounter out here.

Amen! Despite the A-holes (which are in every state) we are blessed with some fine hunting in the desert, for virtually free, I count by blessings frequently. :beer:
jrabq
hunter

Postby bandgitter91 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:07 am

Almost sounds like a dale davis type of ppl
bandgitter91
hunter

Previous

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting