Duke City Duck Club survey

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

Duke City Duck Club survey

Postby jrabq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am

Got a survey asking if club:

1) Should the Duke City Duck Club... Remain affiliated with Delta Waterfowl

2) Become a new Ducks Unlimited Chapter

3) Merge with an existing Ducks Unlimited Chapter

4) Become our own non-profit organization

Anyone know what prompted this? I haven't been active in the club so I don't really have an opinion.

JR
jrabq
hunter

Re: Duke City Duck Club survey

Postby Dirt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 am

Lance cherry is on here. Maybe he could elaborate???
Dirt
hunter

Re: Duke City Duck Club survey

Postby Cocobola » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

What prompted it was a complete lack of interest from Delta Waterfowl in the club this year. As we prepared to pull together a banquet for 2013 and started working on establishing a committee, Delta told us, and I quote, "Perhaps you should just merge with the Clovis chapter."

Now we love our waterfowl brothers in Clovis, and by all means not a one of us have anything but positive things to say about those guys, but Albuquerque is a long way away from Clovis and as the first chapter in the state, that was just blatant disrespect.

We have a lot of good things going on this year and as we move forward we want to make sure we focus on only positive things with positive outcomes for New Mexico and specifically for our youth. The club is in the process of evaluating membership interest and has no intention of making a hasty decision based on emotion.

We will continue to take member input and desire only to structure ourselves so we have the greatest impact in the state. What that is going to look like in the near future, I can't say yet. But what I can say is the club will make the decision as a club and not as an individual.

I hope that help clarify the survey and please feel free to contact us to share your feelings on the matter.
Lance Cherry (AKA: Cocobola)
New Era Championship Calls - Director of Communications
Tanglefree Pro Staff
NM State Duck Calling Contest Sanctioned Chair

“A few feathers short of a whole duck”
Cocobola
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting