New Waterfowl Rule Changes?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

Re: New Waterfowl Rule Changes?

Postby Dirt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 am

NM ducker wrote:
We are only "screwed" if we choose to let ourselves be "screwed", que no? Dirt?

Correctamundo.

Welcome to the forum.
Dirt
hunter

Postby NM ducker » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 pm

thanks Dirt.

Been killing ducks in the Middle Rio Grande since the late seventies. I hunt locally 20 days a year

Probably killed a duck in most every county of the State including Bernalillo County when times were different

I check the local blogs from time to time and dont necessarily feel compelled to share my opinions.

The issue of these "changes" before us compelled me to crawl out from under my rock.

While it needs some minor adjustment, moving to what is proposed is not in the best interest of us.

We have it good. More regulatory control is not the answer. its just the easy answer....
NM ducker
hunter

Postby PeterJarmo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:46 pm

How about a shell limit for the WMAs? I think that would clear up a lot of issues (if it was enforced)...
I've seen/heard guys go through box after box after box some mornings ruining it for anybody anyhere near them. If they knew each shot had to count it'd really limit skybusting.
PeterJarmo
hunter

Postby LosPatosDelSurNM » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Duck hunters in New Mexico are an interesting group of individuals with a very unique style if you will. There are a good many of us out there who are capable of making prudent choices afield and are a joy to share the same side of the water with or even share a blind with. However, as stated many times by you all there are a few people out there who have an inability to act as adults when at the water's edge at day break. Yes, I would love to drown those poor souls in waves of rules and regulations but in the end I know it would only limit the ability of the true sportsmen out there to create a quality hunt. So at the meeting in August if the department actually keeps the meeting schedule I would advise all of us who are capable to make the trip and limit the new regs that get passed through. The big one being hunting the roost. Pressure the birds and they will move on. Not something any of us want.

Though I fear we may just have to wait for the older generation of poorly educated hunters to push up daisies before we are rid of them I do believe a worthwhile venture is to educate the kids before they grow up into "that guy" that sets up close enough to smell the coffee and shoots at anything in the air, airplanes or otherwise(heavens there are scary duck hunters in NM!)

Though this thread has gone on for a good while now are there still a good number of you who would like to get together and put some coherent issues and remedies on paper and create a solid voice for NM fowlers across club and association lines? If so lets get something set up before the Department meeting in August and organize a solid presence.
LosPatosDelSurNM
hunter

Previous

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting