How is it looking?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

How is it looking?

Postby Jeps90 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:30 am

Hey guys,
I am currently overseas and so I have no idea on how much rain fall there has been this year or if any wild fires have done any real damage. I am just wondering how its looking for waterfowl season this year?
"If its brown, shoot it down!"
Jeps90
hunter

Re: How is it looking?

Postby troutbum43 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Had some big downpours, river was running bank to bank at 380 bridge this morning. ABQ got blasted last night with heavy rains and 80+ mph winds. Too early to say how this will be for duck season but dove season is looking more and more promising as long as a cold front doesn't blow in before or early in the season. Lot of young birds around, hills greening up. Most of the fires are out so that could bode well for big game in those units. Stay safe out there!
Conserve, promote, protect and enhance...then harvest!
troutbum43
hunter

Postby Jeps90 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 am

I appreciate the update and the local info. Hope my first season will be a good one in Nm.
Thank you. :beer:
"If its brown, shoot it down!"
Jeps90
hunter

Postby Rivr2319 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 am

Yeah as troutbum43 said above, the weather has been crazy! Looking forward to Dove season also! Been seeing a lot of young geese around Tingley and some new Woody's. I hope they venture along the river though haha
KUPT UP AND KOMMITED
TAKE EM'!!!
Rivr2319
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting