New Moderator

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

New Moderator

Postby ghostingrey » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:32 am

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm the new mod for our state forum. Not that it seems like we need much moderation, it's a pretty good bunch of folks on here. If you are having any problems with the site though let me know and I'll get on it.
On a side note, I just picked up a dozen canada decoys, counting the days till the 17th. Good luck out there.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Re: New Moderator

Postby randy marci » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:26 pm

ghostingrey wrote:Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm the new mod for our state forum. Not that it seems like we need much moderation, it's a pretty good bunch of folks on here. If you are having any problems with the site though let me know and I'll get on it.
On a side note, I just picked up a dozen canada decoys, counting the days till the 17th. Good luck out there.

good luck on the mod gig. i am also counting the days till next tuesday. see ya out there somewhere. there is a ton of canadas right now. went out this morning and picked up six for 2 only due to lack of shooting ability. lots of new birds.
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby ghostingrey » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks Randi, I feel you on the lack of shooting ability, I had a couple of embarrassing moments last weekend. Now I just have to figure out where to go for those Canadas. The only place I know of that is open to hunting tuesday is quite a drive. Was gonna hit some of the WMA's on wednesday but then my boss tells me yesterday that we have a meeting Wednesday morning that I can't miss. Work sucks. I might just have to suck it up and put in the miles.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby Escopeton » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:45 am

Hey Moderator,

Congrats on the position.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby Dirt » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:23 pm

You havent been in New Mexico long enough to be the state forum moderator have you? :smile:

I'll try not to start too much trouble around here, just a little
bit though.

Had a good shoot this morning.

I hope to take off a coupledays for the south opener. I have one of those jobs too usually when I want a day off there is always something
I' m needed for thats of upmost importance.
Dirt
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:39 pm

Thanks guys,
Dirt I'd better keep my eye on you, I smell a troublemaker :toofunny: . Put a hurtin on the birds yesterday, came out with a nice bag of 4 blue wings, a widgeon, and a red head in about 2 hours. Gonna be eating well 2nite. I'll post up some pics later. It was my first red head, was hoping to get one all morning, and bagged him as the last bird. Headed out tommorow morning, hope the action is just as good. Since I can't get out after the Canadas this week, I'm now faced with a tough decision whether to tag along on my buddies Colorado elk hunt next weekend, or blow him off and chase birds. I'm leanin towards the elk hunt since i didn't draw in NM and I sure could use some elk in the freezer this winter.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting